801 for the Second Time

ashleyykkashleyykk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been studying non-stop for about a week. My only big concern is remembering RAM and intel/amd material. Last time I took the test was in January. I was off by 4 or 5 questions. Really, really nervous for tuesday. I've been watching professor messer, watching 801 study guides on youtube, and taking practice test and doing decent on them. I just don't want to fail again, and waste the money AGAIN. In class, I'm a great student but when I sit down for test I can't even remember my own name icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Any **** sheets, HELPFUL test I can use would be great!

Comments

• ashleyykkashleyykk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any help would be great :)
  • ITIPITIP Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Being that you were only couple questions away from passing the first time, going over the material again should be more than enough to get you through this time. For topics you think you will have hardest time remembering, RAM/intel/amd as you mentioned, make yourself some notecards with the information on it. Arrive at the testing center about 20 mins early and go over these notecards.

examcompass.com has some decent practice tests if you havent already looked into them.
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Write down what your weak spots are and summarize the topics on paper. Arrive at the test site early looking at this paper before you have to lock it up and write down as much as you can on the white board asap.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Asus2015Asus2015 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where are you doing your test? good luck. dont be worry to much just go over the professor messer video the night before the test. you needs to get at least 670 to pass 801 exam.
    I'm taking my test at a testing center college type thing, I guess you could call it. I'm going with the rest of my class, it's quite a drive up there. I will probably probably study on the way, but not too much I'll probably get anxious lol.
  • omnip0tentomnip0tent Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I take my test tomorrow aswell. I'm rather nervous. First time taking it.

What was/is your experience with computers the first time you took the test? Have you been using and tinkering with computers for years? or did you go from Zero to Hero just with studying?
    I'm only in high school, and this is my first year with computers.But I've always been around computers. I don't have any outside experience ethier. I took the test the first time and really didn't have much knowledge,but I could tell you basic stuff. I was only a couple of questions away from passing. That was four months ago, I think hopefully I learned more and hopefully it will show by me passing tomorrow. I have probably non stop studied all weekend.
    Sounds good. I'm a couple years into college, but have decided I wanted to get this certification to hopefully find a decent IT job while I finish school. I have been "gaming" on computers since I was 5 years old... and tinker/building them ever since BUT I also have no outside/professional experience. That plus a few months of studying I hope I can pass 801 & 802 on my 1st attempt.

I take mine tommorow at 10:00am... GOODLUCK to you!
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Very best of luck... Relax and read the questions :) you'll be fine!
  • MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ashley, if you see this before you go take the test today, relax on the drive to the service center. Let that poor brain have a rest. And good luck.
    I passed with a 792. Ez money :)

802 on thursday
    Passed with a 751! Congrats! It's so good to hear that we both passed
    For those wanting to know I passed with a 751. I honestly think anyone can pass this test. (801) I am only a sophomore (16) girl in high school. And this is my first year in IT
  • dkr786dkr786 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that's awesome, congrats to both of you! especially for getting these certs at such a young age, you're already so far ahead of your peers, smart kids :)