BSSD Enrollment Counselor Recommendations?

ira.aira.a Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm trying to complete my admissions for the BSSD. Everything is good, but I'm getting held up with the work eval for the "prove you have 3 years of IT experience" thing. (I'm a manager at a tech company right now, so this is annoying to me.) I need someone that actually has a clue, so that I can get this out of the way.

If you had a *decent* enrollment counselor when you got admitted to WGU (or found one), please comment with their name and info.

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just call back and ask for someone else. Did you give them your resume? I didn't need to prove anything since I had been in IT for awhile.
  • ira.aira.a Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I filed out their (horribly formatted) work eval doc. Which I copied and pasted parts of my resume into. They apparently can't read between the lines. I don't rely heavily on explaining my job description in my resume, I focus on role metrics.

I just spend about an hour writing down every little thing I've done at this job and prior 3-4 jobs. If I get some lame excuse again, I will definitely call and ask for someone else.
  • Gamesta400Gamesta400 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Same thing was happening to me, but it worked out for the best. I realized how much better off I would be getting my MCSA before enrolling. My counselor said that it would transfer in for 24 credits and agreed that I would be better to get that first. He also said the enrollment committee would have no problem accepting me then.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, they don't care about your metrics, they want to see what you actually did. Lots of people have been part of productive teams that have brought great profits and shaved off downtime, etc. But, you might have been the project manager, janitor, anything really on that team. It seems annoying but the part where you listed out your duties is what they want to see.

This is setup that way for a reason. If you really have 0 IT experience and no certs then you aren't the ideal candidate for a full BS in self study IT. Some people do just fine, but when they look at overall averages and who will graduate vs who will drop out, people who have demonstrated they can do the work are the ones who do better working on their own, hence jumping through some hoops to get started.
  • ira.aira.a Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gamesta400 wrote: »
    Same thing was happening to me, but it worked out for the best. I realized how much better off I would be getting my MCSA before enrolling. My counselor said that it would transfer in for 24 credits and agreed that I would be better to get that first. He also said the enrollment committee would have no problem accepting me then.

If my job paid for that, I would be fine with it. But they only reimburse for a degree. My only option at this time is to wait for my tax return.