Has anyone taken an exam with Pearson Vue on a saturday?

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
I would like to get Cisco exams done but I can't take time off work. I am wondering if Pearson Vue is always closed on the weekends? Is it just a matter of finding a testing center that is open on the weekends?
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    I'm curious about this as well. Weekends have never been an option when I schedule exams, and I've been to 4 different testing centers.

Why can't you take time off work? It should only be 1-2 hours unless you live/work far from a testing center. Can't you make up the time by coming in early or staying late?
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pearson Vue doesn't really care what day of the week an exam is taken. Most of my cert exams have been taken on Saturdays. It is strictly up to the testing center you use. Where I live, the Denver area, there are quite a few places where I can take an exam on Saturday. Try local community colleges.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am taking time off for a Microsoft exam on Thursday. I don't want to do this too often as it is my first job and I am only a month in. Plus it is an exam my job requires (I get off probation once I pass). The Cisco exams are for "fun" and I don't want them to interfere. I will probably take one exam a month if I can find a center nearby that is open on the weekends.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's down to the exam centre whether or not they open on weekends, I'm lucky to have one close by that occasionally opens on a Saturday.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wasn't even aware this was possible! All the centers within an hour of me only open for Cisco exams once a week. Several time slots, but only one day a week.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've taken a few on weekends but I mostly prefer to take them during work hours since most are career focused certs. It depends on the testing center I've seen many that do not have weekend openings.
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Like others have said, depends on the location itself and not Pearson Vue.
    Try universities/colleges. They usually are open on Fridays.
    meh
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just took one on Saturday, CompTIA though. Never took one on the weekend before.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For every exam I've taken, I believe there was only one instance where I did NOT take it on a Saturday. There are a handful of places around the Denver area that are open on Saturdays. I've never tested in any other area though, so not sure if that is the norm or not.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Yes I always take them on Saturdays if I can.
    There is a testing center in Elgin Illinois out by where I live that opens at 10:30 - 2:00 every saturday.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The one that I used to go to was open on Saturday but now they stopped doing that. I don't think that I can find anyone that is open during the weekend near me...
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • tt3000gttt3000gt Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its just a matter of calling testing centers and seeing if they are open on weekends. I just took my Security + exam last Sunday.
  • HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is one not too far from me which opens on a Saturday and is probably where I plan to take my Cisco certs. Unfortunately, it seems I am several thousand miles away from you!