Options

MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network Simulator

farhanier1farhanier1 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys ang girls,

What about if I use The MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network Simulator from Sybex to practice. Did someone already experience it and
does this help to pass the windows server exams?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    "ang" ? icon_lol.gif maybe and :P

I try netowrk simulator's for CCNA , they're very good , but for MCSA/MCSE track I reccomend you Microsoft virtual PC 2004 ;) if you have enough RAM , yo'll see why I told you this !

You can use the simluator in paralel , as I think it' lack's of many option's form real job { Virtual PC emulat'es very good the real job , like AD , DNS , DHCP , domain } , and I think Simulator , doesen't have this one , or many of them..

Good luck ;):D
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Install the REAL product and work with it for REAL.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blackzoneblackzone Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is way cheaper to get 2gig+ ram and work on the real thing.
  • Options
    surya prajeshsurya prajesh Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i want 70-290 test papers
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    !30 wrote:
    yo'll, netowrk, reccomend, simluator, paralel, emulat'es, doesen't
    It is ironic and quite hilarious that you made fun of his typo and then you made outright spelling errors icon_lol.gif
    i want 70-290 test papers
    Well ummmm..... Schedule the test
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Hi,

Being almost an MCSE: Security, I must say that getting a copy of VMWARE and installing many servers and building your own network is the best thing to do...

You will really get your practice from that.

My two cents.

Saludos!