LX-101 fill in the blanks

dark3ddark3d Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm sitting this tomorrow afternoon. Just curious about the fill in the blank questions.. when they are asking for commands to do something-are they expecting the full path to the binary or can you just type the command?

I've dabbled with linux since it was sold on 'shareware wizard' cds, but I will be in a pickle if I need to supply the full path.
CISSP - January 2015
WGU B.S. IT - Security (2/1/2015-6/16/2015)
Working on: MSISA/Radware/Fortinet/Juniper/PAN

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Without violating the rules, I can say "yes...sometimes". I know that is vague, but that is the truth. The question may or may not require the full path.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • dark3ddark3d Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

I should clarify, I was just curious if they ask for a command to show disk space whether or not they would accept 'df' or if I had to supply '/bin/df'.
    I am hoping that the question would specify what they were looking for.. When I first started taking exams through WGU, I was frustrated during the exam because they didn't quite align their material to the exam. I still passed, but it was a little frustrating. Now I rarely even look through the WGU materials. These two L+ exams are the last outside vendor assessments, so it's sorta pointless to complain about it now. :)
    CISSP - January 2015

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If the question doesn't specifically say not to add the path, assume the path is required. I took the LX0-101 exam last month and have, quite honestly, forgotten a lot about it. Of course, the primary reasons for the short memory is that I have the ITIL Foundations exam tomorrow, the MS 70-680 exam on Friday (ish) and the LX0-102 exam on Saturday. Feeling a bit burned out. The first two are for work and the last one is for school.

If you don't mind, did you put together a physical lab for the CCNA R/S and Security exams? If so, what did you use for the Security exam?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Got it.

I need to do the ITIL as well myself. I know how you feel about all of the exams. I have VCP5 and CCNA Voice coming up personally outside of WGU courses.

the CCNA R/S can be done with GNS3. It is the entry level cert, so it doesn't go very deep into routing. The CCNA Sec is a different animal. You will definitely need CCP and you can use that with GNS3 as well. If you need help setting it up I can send you a few links. When you are looking for CCP, keep in mind that the latest installer build is 2.8. I looked forever through the most recent versions and could never find the installer.

I also contacted the course mentor for the Sec. because they showed an incorrect passing score. It's now 898. Tough, but doable. I have an ASA here if you want to borrow it. Just pm me your address.

Corey
    CISSP - January 2015

• markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Having just taken both Linux exams, I can tell you that it definitely varies. Typically, they will tell you if the full path is required or not. Those that do require the full file path gave me fits. There weren't a ton of them, so don't be overly concerned with it. You should have a good understand of the hierarchy though.
    730/800. Smoked it. :)

Now I am down to my last outside vendor assessment at WGU. Everything else is WGU proctored, so I should be able to pick up the pace a little.
    CISSP - January 2015

• markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□