Anyone done an IPexpert bootcamp before?

sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
They are on sale for 60% off right now. Strongly considering it. Have used INE entirely thus far but with Mark gone I'm thinking this might be the bootcamp to take.
Working on CCIE Collaboration:
Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015

Comments

• Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Don't waste your time on the R&S one. Had a really bad experience with their bootcamp.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've done their datacente rbootcamp twice, and it was well worth the effort both times.
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Yeah I am considering it too, their current sale is just insane. But if the R&S bootcamp isn't worth it, I might as well pay up and go to Narbik... sigh.
  • sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Tried signing up yesterday and I guess the sale broke their payment processor. Looks like they've extended the sale until sunday.

I've searched for the last years worth of promos they have had and none of them are even close to this level of discount.

The catch seems to be that they don't include the usual free retake, or ip everything subscription.
    Oh yeah? I didn't see that catch anywhere. Better ask their sales reps that keep emailing :)
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I took the IPX bootcamp for DC. Very good. I'm actually going to redo the bootcamp in August before my lab as a refresher
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    R&S bootcamp with IPexpert was not worth the time or money. I was disappointed. The bootcamp was centered around rack rentals and lab experience on your own. I was expecting to learn about protocols. The instructor did not teach. He put a diagram on the board and said build it. I can do that at home. There is a new instructor now. You might have a different experience.
  • FrankGuthrieFrankGuthrie Member Posts: 245
    I wonder why it is so heavily discounted. I think they are getting a lot of competition of INE and they can't keep up.

I have attended a INE bootcamp in Amsterdam which was awesome. IPExpert had scheduled a bootcamp in Amsterdam, but it fell through because low enrollment. Now the same seem to be happening with another upcoming bootcamp in Amsterdam..... So it seems in Europe at least, they are not successful. I think that's the reason they are discounting their training so much. They need to fill classes....

Also their CCIE v5 are a mess compared to the INE ones. It's a mixed bag of new videos (Terry Vinson), some older ones from V4 (Marko Milivojevic) and even older video before Marko.....

Pay more and go for INE.

R&S bootcamp with IPexpert was not worth the time or money. I was disappointed. The bootcamp was centered around rack rentals and lab experience on your own. I was expecting to learn about protocols. The instructor did not teach. He put a diagram on the board and said build it. I can do that at home. There is a new instructor now. You might have a different experience.

Who did you get as an instructor?
    Terry Vinson was our instructor. Not impressed with the bootcamp. I ended up leaving a few days early.

There were a few guys in the bootcamp that were told by IPexpert sales that the bootcamp would go over CCIE written material. These guys were very pissed off to find out there was no instruction.

I agree on the IPexpert videos. They have v4 videos with Frame Relay in the v5 next generation section. The audio section for v5 has v4 with Frame Relay mixed in.

I also attended the INE R&S bootcamp this year. The training was completely opposite. Instructor (Dave Smith) had 2 massive screens in the front. One for command line and the other for a network diagram. He went through each protocol and explained it in detail on the command line. Allowed us to ask questions for a learning experience.
    Wow, it sounds like a huge mess. 10 years ago when I was getting started with networking, the IP Expert videos and workbooks were considered very good.
  • sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Thankfully I am not taking the R&S. Will be taking collaboration. Just signed up. Had to contact a sales rep to get the self study materials added ( which they said they would, we will see).

Pretty crazy deal. I spent 1500 on an all access pass with INE for two years. For 500 more I get the same thing plus a 10 day bootcamp with IPexpert. So as long as it isnt a total waste of time I'm pretty happy.
    Looks like the collaboration videos were updated just 3 weeks ago, so I think you'll be good. :)
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    PsychoFin wrote: »
    Wow, it sounds like a huge mess. 10 years ago when I was getting started with networking, the IP Expert videos and workbooks were considered very good.
    IPexpert R&S videos and workbooks with Marko were really good. Since he left their material haven't been even close to what INE has to offer.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    sandman748 wrote: »
    Thankfully I am not taking the R&S. Will be taking collaboration. Just signed up. Had to contact a sales rep to get the self study materials added ( which they said they would, we will see).

Pretty crazy deal. I spent 1500 on an all access pass with INE for two years. For 500 more I get the same thing plus a 10 day bootcamp with IPexpert. So as long as it isnt a total waste of time I'm pretty happy.

Paying less doesn't say anything. I paid a lot less for IPexpert then for INE, but my experience so far is a lot better with INE. They put the bootcamp on their website and it actually happens. IP expert keeps cancelling due to low enrollment, at least in Europe...

Also they did not redo all the V5 video's, in my book a bit unprofessional.

What I also not like about IPexpert is their comparison against INE, that is very petty. They have this list why they are better, but their CCIE instructor just passed the CCIE exam......
    Heh, the comaprisons are made on both sides. For the DC track at least, Brian has a blog post or two on INE's site making the comparisons the other way. That's definitely not just an IPExpert thing. Heck, you'll see that in most competitive businesses.

As to the instructor, there is a school of logic that would agree with their choice of new CCIEs for instructors, particularly with the v5 lab just coming out. I know several people who've had their RS for yeras and would happily admit they couldn't even pass the v5 written without a ton of work (two at least I know just use the CCDE written these days for their renewals), as they have moved past hands on jobs to more architecture and design. I see that a lot with RS, less so with DC (just because it's a newer track and there aren't many of them yet). I think those three guys would all agree that a new CCIE who'd actually seen the v5 tests is going to do a better job of preparing someone for the current tests than any of them would, just because the test has changed so much since they took it.

Also they did not redo all the V5 video's, in my book a bit unprofessional.

Would you agree for IPexpert to take version 4 videos with Frame Relay and post them in the version 5 next generation section and sell it to the consumer is unethical and false advertising? Same thing happened in the audio section. I reported it 6 months ago and they still have changed it.
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    is terry vinsel still with IPexpert as R&S instructor?

who will you recommend for ccie security online bootcamp...INE or IPX???
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    21ctl wrote: »
    is terry vinsel still with IPexpert as R&S instructor?

No he is not.
  • 21ctl21ctl Banned Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the rate at which IPX layoff their instructor in R&S it calls for concern
    Would you agree for IPexpert to take version 4 videos with Frame Relay and post them in the version 5 next generation section and sell it to the consumer is unethical and false advertising? Same thing happened in the audio section. I reported it 6 months ago and they still have changed it.

I agree. This is a let down.

Also my gripe is that I want to follow there bootcamps in Europe as this will save me a lot of money, but they can't fill their European bootcamps. This says to me People are flocking to INE.....
    21ctl wrote: »
    the rate at which IPX layoff their instructor in R&S it calls for concern

Yes it is. Since they have a relative new guy, I'm not sure about the quality as someone who's more experienced. Does anyone know who's teaching the bootcamps outside of the US, because they have an upcoming bootcamp in Brussels, if this one will actually happen....
    6 months later, and did no go the the IP expert bootcamp as of yet, as all of their bootcamps in Europe are getting cancelled... INE on the other hand will up their presence considerable next year.

I'm going withthe online format with IP expert (bootcamp), but not sure if they can deliver, So far I have a way better feeling with INE.