Using what I have learned

MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all.

I passed my 801 and am working on the PluralSight 802 course. I decided to have some fun and use some of the stuff I learned, so I am going to take two 1 TB external drives I have and am going to install them into my Gateway and make a RAID 1 mirrored array for all my home computers. When I opened up this external box and discovered the disks were SATA I was ticked pink.

Of course I just had to order some extra SATA cables, but I am pretty excited about it.

What are you guys doing?

Maury

Comments

• bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    I think hands on is the best way to do it. I have installed a couple VMs on my laptop and have been playing around with those.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • MauryfrenchMauryfrench Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My SATA cables came yesterday! I am looking forward to setting up this system. If I goof, you will all hear a giant scream from Wylie, Texas.
    One more thing. While all these storms and rain in Texas are getting to the 'Noah and the Ark' point, a lightning strike damaged a neighbors computer motherboard. Insurance bought them a new one; I have the entire old computer to play with now. I feel like a little kid.
  • mdestroymdestroy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the A+ recently, but I can't stop playing with computers. Now, I'm fixing some laptops in my neighborhood. When are you taking the 802?? And how was the RAID 1?
    I just got my cables yesterday and will do the RAID 1 this weekend. I suspect it will go good. And It will be two or three weeks before I take the 802 because I am spending a lot more time playing with the operating systems first.

Feels good to be able to fix the laptops I bet.