CCNA Cloud

BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
Cisco has released a new track. Although everyone here has heard of cloud its still bleeding edge. Cisco is pushing hard towards cloud. Food for thought.

CCNA Cloud - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm interested in looking at it after my CCIE DC. It's basically cloud architecture, UCS, ACI, Intercloud, etc. I've touched all of them so it's probably a little less of a learning curve. I also saw an announcement for the CCNP Cloud as well. I would assume the CCIE Cloud isn't far behind.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Speaking with some of the technical leaders here at Cisco CCIE Cloud is on the way. I am extremely interested in the cloud side, as everything seems to be gravitating towards it. The CWS, AWS, and ESA teams keep expanding at Cisco, more and more people every month. I just really want to get on the forefront on tech now versus being on the ass end.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe people will all go cloud, and leave the data center racks alone!! icon_lol.gif
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    LoL. Unlikely for all but it does make sense for some companies or business sectors. Not a bad idea to understand cloud architecture, orchestration, etc.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Pfft.

The future is CCNA-Industrial.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did I read that correctly? CCENT or CCNA:R&S isn't a prerequisite and there are two exams? Seems a bit odd.
    markulous wrote: »
    Did I read that correctly? CCENT or CCNA:R&S isn't a prerequisite and there are two exams? Seems a bit odd.

Why odd? If I remember right the data center exams are the same way. Also check I think the exams are 250 a pop (Kaching!)
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    Why odd? If I remember right the data center exams are the same way. Also check I think the exams are 250 a pop (Kaching!)

I thought that all of them had CCENT or CCNA as a prerequisite. I could have sworn it was that way for Security, Wireless, and Phone at least.

Wow, 250 each. I'll definitely wait on taking one of those to see what the demand is like and get an employer to pay for them.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The CCNA/CCNP data center tests were all 250 each. Glad I didn't pay the bill. :)
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kohr-ah wrote: »
    Pfft.

The future is CCNA-Industrial.
    I thought you were joking until I saw CCNA Industrial - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I'll still get the CCNP R&S next and go from there.
  • SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    Does this new certification mean that Cisco is changing its strategy? Or they are simply trying to get into a new market sector?
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cisco has had a cloud services wing for a long time, and it has been one of their fastest growing divisions, at least based on job listings that come across my inbox and people I know working there.

If you look at the subjects, it lines up well with their various DC/Cloud/IoT initiatives that they've been pushing the last few years. I see this merely as a way to specify a certification track to match up with a growing trend they're seeing in the market, both in their own customers and in the industry as a whole
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    SeekBytes wrote: »
    Does this new certification mean that Cisco is changing its strategy? Or they are simply trying to get into a new market sector?

This has a lot to do with the new marketing and product lines they are pushing to the public also. They stressed this a lot at Cisco Tech days here by Chicago. So now they are making a certification to go with it.

**edit: as @joelsfood also just said *doh*