Options

ISSAP Pass! 5/22/15

McGintyDMMcGintyDM Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was searching for some CPE's for my CISSP and always have been eyeballing the concentrations. Both the ISSAP and ISSMP relate to what I do for work, so I figured lets try one.

Bought the Official ISC2 ISSAP CBK 2nd Edition - and it was largely useless for me. I referred back to my Shon Harris CISSP bible for the information I needed to refresh on.

Attended an ISC2 sponsored training onsite via training camp and I could not be happier with them. Had a few hurdles with the instructors flight, but once he arrived, was very knowledgeable.

Test was not easy, and it reminded me of a mini CISSP. Just like the CISSP, I thought I failed when I clicked finish... but got a Congratulations instead!

My only advice for this is you really have to have real world enterprise Information Security Experience to understand the train of thought going on here. Studying some terms and definitions, ports and protocols will not help you here.

Edit: Practice questions are always relevant - gotta shout out to cccure/freepracticetests. I used them prior to CISSP and again for the relevant domains of ISSAP. Never hurts to keep sharp on them!

Good Luck!

Comments

• Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice work, congratulations. Good feedback on the preparation requirements. I've found the CBK books for both the ISC2 tests I've taken poor as well so I probably won't use them again, but good to know I'm not the only one :)
  • Options
    renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found the new ISC2 CBK study guide for CISSP to be in dire need of editing. Tons of fluff, repetition, lack of cohesiveness, and erroneous info.

I don't know if it's true but I've been told because of the Chinese Wall between ISC2 education and ISC2 certification the exam writers don't read the CBK and vice versa. I've also heard that ~20 authors collaborate on the CBK and as they say, "A camel is a horse built by committee."