Options

Practice exams w/ scenarios?

bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
Are there any practice exams with scenarios out there? When I took the 801, I was doing well on the multiple choice practice tests as I had my facts memorized. However, I was unprepared for the practical application of it on the 801 scenarios and real life questions.

I am approaching my 802 studying differently- less focus on facts and more on concepts. But does anyone know of practice tests that are more comprehensive?

Thanks in advance!

A+ certified
Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
Working on: Network+

Comments

• Options
    shrinskshrinsk Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm in the same boat as you... Searching the internet I found Boson Practice Labs CompTIA A+ Practice Lab 220-802 | Boson , seems legit although a little pricey. I'm hesitant to get the Pearson practice from reviews I've read, and the Meyers/TotalSem one seems similar to Pearson. In a previous thread I started one reviewer said it was a very good service, although he had used a different practice lab...
  • Options
    Moongoon762Moongoon762 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wasn't expecting performance questions on the 801 either. I think/hope the 802 focuses more on command line performance questions, I think they'll be easier to lookup and practice on my own rig.
  • Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    I wasn't expecting performance questions on the 801 either. I think/hope the 802 focuses more on command line performance questions, I think they'll be easier to lookup and practice on my own rig.

Studying has definitely been much more engaging as I can "play along" with the textbook as well as load up some VMs. Hopefully that will be able to prepare me for the exam!

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+