CISSP Passed! 27 May 2015!

DirtyDataDirtyData Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gif

Study Material:
  • I was fortunate enough to have my work cover the cost of the Sans OnDemand CISSP Bootcamp. This was purchased back in February before I knew about the April 15 Update. A week after the update came out, they sent me updated course books and released updated online training and MP3 seminars. I viewed the CBT Nuggets CISSP training when I was a subscriber and this is a completely different ballgame.
    • Online access to training videos (slides with lectures)
    • 8 printed course books (Excellent)
    • MP3s of every lecture
    • CISSP Study Guide came with the bootcamp as well!
  • Eleventh Hour CISSP was an excellent review leading up to the exam.
No clue what I scored but I knew I passed immediately.

Celebrating tonight for sure. I'll answer as many questions without breaking the NDA as possible. For those of you training now, you can do it!

-DirtyData

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • renacidorenacido Member Posts: 387 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Maybe sometime during an average human lifespan ISC2 will give those of us who tested a month ago our results. I feel like sometime in the 2060's I'll see a news report on my cortexual infotainment implant that archeologists found ancient archives while excavating ruins in Tampa FL, and among them were scrolls of CISSP exam results from circa April 15 - May 22 2015 talking about psychometric analysis.

Congrats though. icon_smile.gif
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    renacido wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

Maybe sometime during an average human lifespan ISC2 will give those of us who tested a month ago our results. I feel like sometime in the 2060's I'll see a news report on my cortexual infotainment implant that archeologists found ancient archives while excavating ruins in Tampa FL, and among them were scrolls of CISSP exam results from circa April 15 - May 22 2015 talking about psychometric analysis.

I think you should call ISC2 and DEMAND they provide your test results immediately!!
  • melvinfzmelvinfz Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!
  • ksmaheshkumarksmaheshkumar Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • BeautifieBeautifie Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • zenturyzentury Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif

About your comment on the material:
    "I viewed the CBT Nuggets CISSP training when I was a subscriber and this is a completely different ballgame."
    Was it completely different for the 10 domains you studied?
  • aboss3aboss3 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    renacido wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

I survived the 4-6 week timeframe - three different times - three different exams. You'll survive.

-b/eads
  • Max_Max_ Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, on the pass! Am a fresher to CISSP and would like to know more about the beauty of infosec through this certification. Benefits, and obviously drawbacks though I know there aren't much to mention.
  • DirtyDataDirtyData Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zentury wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif

About your comment on the material:
    "I viewed the CBT Nuggets CISSP training when I was a subscriber and this is a completely different ballgame."
    Was it completely different for the 10 domains you studied?

CBT nuggets is under 30 hours of content. The class was over 60 hours with all my studying as well. With the CBT Nuggets videos, Keith will mention something in a sentence that should have had a heavier emphasis. For me, it was more helpful to use a lecture based method and not the quick nugget method. With this amount of content, it would have been impossible for me to really retain every sentence that was being said.
  • DirtyDataDirtyData Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Max_ wrote: »
    Congrats man, on the pass! Am a fresher to CISSP and would like to know more about the beauty of infosec through this certification. Benefits, and obviously drawbacks though I know there aren't much to mention.

I would encourage you to go for the SSCP before going for the CISSP.
  • RuleOf3RuleOf3 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DirtyData: I agree, the SANS MGT414 CISSP training was excellent, highly recommend it. Also fortunate my company paid for it.
    I took the VLIVE version last summer (can't really call it a boot camp ... it takes six weeks to get through the six actual days of training, that's a really slow boot camp pace, haha).
    But yes, SANS definitely distills the content down to what is absolutely essential for the exam.
    And the MP3 files of Eric Cole's lectures were invaluable, listening to those on my daily commute over the course of months was a big factor in absorbing the material.

Congrats on the pass!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□