Passed Net+ last night!

westonenglishwestonenglish Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wanted to say thanks to this forum for helping tremendously in my passing. I had found great resources browsing this forum! Please pm me if you have any questions that I can try and help with!

Study Materials: -
Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport - This IS the book to read in my opinion. Easy and entertaining to read while offering the direct knowledge you need without burying yourself in too much info.

Certmaster- I bought this as a bundle mainly because of the free re-take. That being said, I found it a great resource for studying areas of concern. Hopefully in the future they can add some sims into the training which would make this an A+ source to study from.

Examcompass and Quizlet flashcards- Took these tests a lot and made a bunch of flash cards!

Another tip: Make a Net+ **** sheet listing cabling, wireless standards, protocols, OSI model, and whatever else you find you need. Create it from scratch every day on a piece of paper. This will sink it in your brain and will greatly help for the test.

Comments

• orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Network+!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wanted to say thanks to this forum for helping tremendously in my passing. I had found great resources browsing this forum! Please pm me if you have any questions that I can try and help with!

Study Materials: -
    Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport - This IS the book to read in my opinion. Easy and entertaining to read while offering the direct knowledge you need without burying yourself in too much info.

Certmaster- I bought this as a bundle mainly because of the free re-take. That being said, I found it a great resource for studying areas of concern. Hopefully in the future they can add some sims into the training which would make this an A+ source to study from.

Examcompass and Quizlet flashcards- Took these tests a lot and made a bunch of flash cards!

Another tip: Make a Net+ **** sheet listing cabling, wireless standards, protocols, OSI model, and whatever else you find you need. Create it from scratch every day on a piece of paper. This will sink it in your brain and will greatly help for the test.

hey congrats on passing!!

i just started net+ at my school, its interactive distance learning so i only come in for tests/exams.

and being only 12 sections its not bad.

i love quizlet! i started to use anki for my books knowledge base/terms but we live record the skype/lync powerpoint presentations so i can download the powerpoints used over this.

the book im using is introduction to networking with net+ by timothy pintello.

any other advice youd give? other then trying to remember things like the osi/tcip models and protocols and headaches lol
  • RuminusRuminus Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your study methods.
    WGU Classes Finished: GAC1, WFV1, UBC1, EUP1, EUC1, TCP1, COV1, CJC1, CUV1, CQV1, IWT1, TPV1, CTV1, C173, C185, ABV1, C179, C697, C698
    Program (BSIT-NA) completion: 80%
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Planning on moving to another cert next?
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    Congrats on getting the Network+ certification!
  • westonenglishwestonenglish Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone, you rock! I will be doing Security+ next, see you all on that forum!
  • lilcountrylilcountry Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Thank you for those tips on the study materials. Scheduled to take Net + exam at the end of May. :)
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Network+ :D
  • makninomaknino Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Thank you for those tips
  • jekelljekell Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass! Also thank you for sharing your studying tips, that is going to be useful!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • christodd719christodd719 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I just started studying for it. Thanks for the tips.