LX0-103/LX0-104 Study Material

rob300rob300 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. Looking for feedback regarding study materials for LX0-103/104. I have found 2 different books and curious on if anyone can provide feedback.

CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide: Exams LX0-103 and LX0-104
CompTIA Linux+/LPIC-1 Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition (Exams LX0-103 & LX0-104/101-400 & 102-400): Robb Tracy: 9780071841689: Amazon.com: Books
The "all in one" book is not released until late next month. I've seen other study materials from Robb Tracey but I've never had any experience personally.

Can anyone provide their opinions on what book may be more beneficial?

Thanks for your time,

Rob

Comments

• H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the Sybex (1st link) book when I studied for my LX-101 and LX-102, and had no issues BUT I had been using Ubuntu systems daily for the past 5 Years and had a great deal of experience with Linux, and the command line. So YMMV.
  • rob300rob300 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is great information, thank you. I've been using Suse for a few years now with a few years of Unix administration prior to Suse. I'm very familiar with the command line. I want to learn more in depth of the OS and how to configure via command line. I was originally studying for the Suse cert and realized if I do the CompTIA, I can get the Linux+ and the Suse together.
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying the Sybex book (your first link) and have studied the previous edition of the Robb Tracey book. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. If you have some Linux background and CLI experience, I'd go with the Sybex book. If you have less Linux experience, I'd first read the Tracy book and then read the Sybex book.

The Tracy book is better at explaining things to someone who is new to Linux. However, the previous edition does have some errors. Perhaps the new edition will have fixed those. The Sybex book assumes you have some Linux background and hands-on Linux CLI experience.

Both books could be improved because I have to do a lot of Googling to fill in some gaps.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Sybex book was good for the LX0-101 and LX0-102 exams. The LX0-103 and LX0-104 will share similar content with differences in certain areas..plus new updated content.