Home lab MDS switches ...thinking to buy

ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm thinking about picking up a couple MDS switches for the home lab. Just in the mood to get more gear, and give me more incentive to lab. Who knows combine them with my 3560s and create some crazy lab ...just to lab.

Does anybody have MDS switches running in there home labs? Which ones exactly?
Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.

Comments

• d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    In my opinion, it is only worthy buying one of those if you find a model with support for FCoE.

Do you have any server with an HBA already? Any storage?
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    In my opinion, it is only worthy buying one of those if you find a model with support for FCoE.

Do you have any server with an HBA already? Any storage?
    Yea, good point d4nz1g. I think I jumped the gun on that one, but I blame Peter Revill triple CCIE blog. :D He gave some excellent advice and breakdown for studying for the CCIE DC, one of which was to get that switch.
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
    Yea, I know how you feel :p

I have been doing great with PEC labs, the ones with MDS are often available.
    I got some MDS 9148s at work today, to connect up to our EMC XtremIO. Both new to our data center. So I'll finally get to do some MDS labbing before I deploy this project into production, and experience with EMC products. We got a VNX array also, which will sit over at our DR. I'm pretty stoked right now!!
    Lucky boy!

If you run a QA fabric, you can disrupt it without interfering your production SAN. But you gotta be careful ;)
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    Lucky boy!If you run a QA fabric, you can disrupt it without interfering your production SAN. But you gotta be careful ;)
    I'm intrigued mate, care to elaborate?
    Just create 2 vsans, one's proccesses will not interfere each other.