vsphere 5.5 update 2 trial?

chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
I am trying to get a vsphere 5.5 update 2 iso for my home lab use. I am looking just for a eval but when I sign up for a trial on VMware's website I can only get 6.0.Any suggestions on where I can get a vsphere 5.5 update 2 trial?

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    you can chose the version, it always defaults to the latest version but there should be a drop down to allow you to chose earlier versions.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • chappys4lifechappys4life Member Posts: 114
    I did see the drop down screen but when I select a older version it says you do not have keys. When I go to trial it defaults to 6.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Yeah it looks like there is no drop down menu on the free trial page. If you go to the version selector page and try to get 5.5 update 2, it tells you that you do not have access to it.

I gave up and just installed 6. It's similar enough if you're doing VCP that it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Trials are only ever of the latest version - that's what they want you to try and buy after all icon_wink.gif
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
    Is there any alternative ways to get the trial software? I am trying to build a 5.5 lab at home as I am taking a 5.5 class.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you are serious about working with VMware products then it would be a good idea to sign up for a VMUG Advantage membership to get 1 year licenses for your lab. Not sure if they jumped to 6.0 yet or not.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not necessary to spend $200 to be "serious" about VMware to be honest.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Get VMUG Advantage, best investment for your lab if you're going deep into VMware.
    Right now spending another $200 after signing up for the stanley class and buying 2 nucs for my lab is not a solution. Is there a free trial anywhere for 5.5?
  • am3rig0am3rig0 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tried here ? Don't license that ESXI with the free license - you will get your trial.
    am3rig0 wrote: »
    Tried here ? Don't license that ESXI with the free license - you will get your trial.

Close, that is only the hypervisor. I need vSphere Server.
    Close, that is only the hypervisor. I need vSphere Server.

Errrrr .... You may read up on terminology again and what's what ;)
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Errrrr .... You may read up on terminology again and what's what ;)

Please elaborate.
    ESXi is the Hypervisor. It is what you call vSphere Server. The paid version used the same ISO but changes the features based on the license key added. If you don't add a license the Hypervsior, ESXi or vSphere Server, runs in trial mode for 60 days giving you all the features seem in Enterprise Plus.

Unless you mean vCenter Server, then yes, that link won't work and you are stuck with v6.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you in school? If so check and see if they have an agreement where you can get free software through vendors. I got my lab software through WGU license is valid for like 400+ days or so.
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    ESXi is the Hypervisor. It is what you call vSphere Server. The paid version used the same ISO but changes the features based on the license key added. If you don't add a license the Hypervsior, ESXi or vSphere Server, runs in trial mode for 60 days giving you all the features seem in Enterprise Plus.

Unless you mean vCenter Server, then yes, that link won't work and you are stuck with v6.

Sorry long day and I was multi tasking. Yes vCenter Server