New CompTIA exams?

looking_to_advancelooking_to_advance Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Background about me: been working in the IT field for about 1.6 years now (fashion industry) doing helpdesk level. I'm looking to start studying next week for my A+ Cert, then looking to moving on to Net + and possibly Sec +. However, I've been reading that a new exam will be coming out (whenever that is). Will it be worth while for me to study and still take the 801/802 exams now (looking to take the exam next month or so)? or should I wait for the new exam and the new material? Also, long shot question, but if I take the A+ cert before the new exam comes out and by the time I take my Net + exam, should I be worried about relevant information from A+? I'm assuming the biggest new add will be windows 8/8.1.

Also, thanks for materials. Currently going to be watching Professor Messer videos and other online resources. If anyone thinks the Mike Meyers book is a must need, please let me know why and I'll probably pick it up as well.

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forum. I would tell you that the next edition of the A+ (220-901/902) exam is still in development. I have not seen, yet, a press release stating when the next exam will be released. And, typically, there is a 6 month overlap where you can take both versions of the exam. Since there are study materials available to you for the 801/802 tests, I would strongly encourage you to focus on those instead of thinking about the next revision. A+ certified is A+ certified, regardless of version, assuming you are current through submission of your CEUs and fees.

Cheers
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • looking_to_advancelooking_to_advance Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the feedback
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, the Cut Score work shop is list as 1st week of Aug so earliest launch would be Nov maybe. It most likely won't be a huge change from the 801/802 exams so just take them and move along.
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    The new exams will be out in December this year..