Good book to get along with lab equipment

AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
Well I finally got 2 2501 routers and a 1912 switch. Everything is set up and waiting for the DTE and DCE cables to come in to connect the routers together.

Are there any books out there that take what I have into consideration and build testing scenarios around it? Or something close possibly?

It seems from my reaeding throughout here that Todd Lammle's CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, Third Edition is prolly the best book to go with?

Thoughts or suggestions please...thanks!

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    I've heard good things about Lammle's book. I've used Cisco Press books in the past, and was very pleased with them. I had pretty much a trainee of a teacher, teach a really good class from those books, so they really are setup to teach yourself from.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    cisco press cert book is great used it to get CCNA without anythin else scored 900. Well recommended in my eyes. Wendell odom is author. icon_lol.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Although Todd Lammle is considered to be the CCNA author... I'd go with the Cisco Press book... I think it's better from a purely technical perspective... Todd Lammle has a good (perhaps more pleasant reading) writing style and has the ability to explain things very well... he's been actively invloved in developing common network standards for quite some years now... hard choice...
  • henrock2henrock2 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally, i would go to ciscopress.com and get some of their CCNA acadamy lab books, you cant go wrong with them. They have tons of labs, from ACL to switch configurations, i found them to be a good study tool aswell.
    I am going for broke, and i love every minute of it.