Options

Building Citrix Lab Question

xkaijinxxkaijinx Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am looking at the book "Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5." I want to build a lab to focus on all of the citrix envirionment aspects, I can easily do this using VM's in an virtual environment.

My question is how can I do with in regards to licensing? How am I to create a licensing server for remote desktop, or citrix licenses, etc? license keys, etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will need a DC, an RDP/Citrix server, and a client. if you want the DC can double as the client, but better to have a windows 7 or 8 to see how the users will see it. We will also need a webserver and an database server, but you can load all of those on the Citrix server if you want.

RDP licensing can go on the windows DC. TS Cals may time out, but i think it is 120 days. Citrix licensing can be installed anywhere. If you don't have access to the citrix software, try to setup a MyCitrix account and see if you can get some trialware.

Its been a long time since I have had to setup a citrix home lab, but that is what I did in the past and should get you started.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete