Passed CCNA!

emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed CCNA today! Glad the studying and stress is over! Moving on to the next phase. Good luck to anyone who I gearing up for it!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! What's next? icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to go for the CCNP, but work may hinder that as security is of the utmost importance these days, so I'm going to have to focus on CISSP. I'll probably start picking up the materials for CCNP and stay fresh with the Cisco stuff I have learned thus far and then focus more on CISSP to pass the exam.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Did you take the two exam route? How hard was ICND2 compared to ICND1. I'm about to take ICND2 and starting to get nervous.
  • quickman007quickman007 Member Posts: 195
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Did you take the two exam route? How hard was ICND2 compared to ICND1. I'm about to take ICND2 and starting to get nervous.
    I'm wondering the same thing. ICND2 scheduled for June 3rd.
  • emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Thank you! To be honest I found ICND1 to be more difficult than ICND2, maybe it was because there was a lot more material to cover, or it could just be that I had that much more practice and experience with everything going into this exam. EDIT: After taking both, I understand that the CCENT is an entry level exam, but to be honest in my opinion, yes it covers entry level stuff, but it gets very deep and anyone just throwing the cliché statements around about the word entry level with the ccent exam I would argue very strongly against.
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    emaz wrote: »
    about the word entry level with the ccent exam I would argue very strongly against.

icon_cheers.gif Totally agree with you on that
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • daniel280187daniel280187 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations emaz. Well done!
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    What material did you use for study?
    I just bought the Chris Bryant course on Ude,y and will also watch the CBT nuggets while reading the Lammle book.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congrats!
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • satishtechsatishtech Member Posts: 243
    what are the difficult / tough areas ?
    can subnetting get very complicated ?
    extended acl's ?

IPv6 tough areas ?
  • kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass! :D
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • ksmith0001ksmith0001 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Firstly congrats for on your accomplishment. I am starting to study for the CCNA. What was your strategy? What materials did you use?
  • Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Congrats on the pass.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Stigma39Stigma39 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Emaz

First off...congrats on the pass.

I am taking the full 2 part test this Monday coming up. I did the classes at Miami Dade Community college and they actually bought a program called transcender in order for the students to practice for the real exam. I'm pretty nervous about the test as are most of my classmates hence me looking in forums for test taker's opinions and comments about the test they just took ( like you ).
    This transcender program is supposed to be the closest thing to the real exam but yet the few times I have practiced on it I fail to see configuration questions as in using CLI commands.....everything is multiple choice. Is that correct ? Also, seems as if I saw lots of questions which were never really covered in class but are asked in the test.....see lots of those ?

Any info on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks