VCP-NV and VCIX-NV for CCNA/CCNP/CCIE - Your questions answered

gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
Answering Your Questions about the Network Virtualization Certifications | VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs

Some very good points in here!

What’s the deadline for earning a VMware Network Virtualization certification holding a Cisco certification?

Due to its popularity, we have extended this program until January 31, 2016.

You can earn your VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) certification without attending a course (although I recommend it) if you hold any of these current Cisco certifications:

CCNA Data Center
CCNA Routing & Switching
CCNP Data Center
CCNP Routing & Switching
CCIE Data Center
CCIE Routing & Switching

You can earn your VMware Certified Implementation Expert – Network Virtualization (VCIX-NV) certification without having a VCP certification if you have one of the following certifications:

CCIE Data Center
CCIE Routing & Switching

If I achieve my VCIX-NV certification by using my CCIE, do I also receive the VCP-NV certification?

Yes, under our rules of “inheritance” you would receive both certifications.

If I achieve my VCP-NV certification by using my CCIE, do I have to take a VMware training class in order to earn another VCP or a VCAP (VMware Certified Advanced Professional) certification?

No. The original policy said that a course would be required for candidates who wanted to move to another solution track, but after discussing this with several of you and receiving feedback from the community we reversed that decision.

If you hold any valid VCP certification – regardless of what requirements were used to attain it – you can apply that as a pre-requisite for any other VCP or VCAP certification.

Comments