PASSED: MS 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1

revealreveal Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took it May 28th and passed. I used Microsoft Virtual Academy videos, MOAC labs and book, exam ref, and downloaded an evaluation of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012 DC.

I'm interested in hearing if I should take the Windows 7 certifications as most businesses still run XP/7 and then will be moving to 10 sometime in the future and skip 8 all together.

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DrovorDrovor Member Posts: 137
    Congrats! Personally, I would skip the Win 7 cert if I already have a Win 8 cert.
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done on passing the 70-687 icon_thumright.gif

Would you mind adding a few further comments about the types of questions you came across during the exam ie: quite weight towards File History maybe USMT, Powershell etc?

Thanks in advance.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jtaylor18jtaylor18 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how did you study for the exam?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.