Options

latest exam number

kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I passed the security+ today, but have to renew my network+ icon_sad.gif

The security+ has 2 codes for 2 different exams: sys401- sys301...sys401 being the latest

I'm not sure if there is more than 1 network+ exam out currently or not, but if there is more than 1 version out, can someone tell me the code for the latest exam?

I'd rather not buy study materials for an older version of the network+ that hasn't been retired yet.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Short answer: N10-006 is the lastest exam for Network+. Long answer: Security+ is considered a higher certification than Network+, so it should automatically renew the Network+ certification. You should not have to take any other tests for the next three years. Unless you want to.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for telling me that because it saves me from paying 300 and some odd dollars to comptia.
    I did get an email from comptia letting me know the security+ lasts for 3 years. I thought comptia certifications didn’t ever expire.

There are so many certifications it makes things complicated; well, at least to me; especially Microsoft exams.
    Looking at your certifications, I didn’t know there was a certification such as Windows OS fundamentals. Is this exam just passing 1 exam or more than 1?

Surfing the internet around for the MCITP it seems to take 6 exams going by the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcitp-certification.aspx

Thanks for your help.