Passed Security+ yesterday!

bherobhero Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was so nervous, and the test was hard, but I managed to pass with 815, not a super high score but not too bad I guess. To make matters worse the guy running the testing center sat right outside the window staring at me the whole time (I have no idea why, but it was very distracting). The wording on the questions threw me quite a few times, but overall it wasn't too bad. I had to reread questions a lot though. I had 5 simulations and those were pretty straight forward. I was studying raid because I read someone had a bunch of questions about it, but I didn't get a single question about raid. I did get a lot of encryption questions though, which is my weaker area, but I think I managed ok.

I read Darril's book, studied his practice questions online, and went through the WGU material.

So I have my network+ and security+ now, I believe my CCENT is next :)

Comments

• J.CurrieJ.Currie Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Sec+ and best of luck in your CCENT studies :D
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Awesome Job! I am starting on my CCENT as well now since passing Security+ on Thursday.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • yanzkyyanzky Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • LeisureSuitLarryLeisureSuitLarry Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I felt similar during my test a few days ago, although one of my sims I found very hard and not like anything I had seen before. The others weren't bad.

I'm working on the CCENT now, too. It's a fun journey so far.
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63