Options

java 7 or 8 which certification should I choose

apacheomegaapacheomega Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all
I've recently devoted my time and energy towards learning java fluently (mainly because it's the #1 or top 2 in all the rankings). I also like the fact that it runs on all platforms and you can either go desktop or web app (Major Versatility). The only thing I don't like is that you can't make those really nice GUI's like in .net (if i'm wrong about that then please tell me where I can find the cool visual stuff 4 GUI development). I want to also get certified by the end of summer b4 fall semester starts up again. I recently was given a book and a really long video tutorial and exam prep 4 Java SE 7. I just want to know if it's worth getting the Java 7 certification or is it already to out dated to go after. I ask this mainly because I see the java 8 certification also but the tutorials and exam prep is not free like I have received with the Java 7. Also what’s the best approach as far as self study and really mastering the java language from SE to EE. any tips or study methods would be greatly appreciated. please guide me in the right direction.

Thank You
AO!

Comments