Writing notes during Proctored exams?

mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Does anyone know if during a proctored Pearson Vue MS exam (uk) you are allowed to make written notes onto blank sheet of paper ie: Working out IP subnetting etc, or is this not allowed?

Thanks.

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You are usually provided a dry erase board/sheet to do such during an exam.They will be collected and cleared after the exam.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    You are usually provided a dry erase board/sheet to do such during an exam.They will be collected and cleared after the exam.

Looks like you are describing an exam sat at a test center, I am asking about the remote online proctor exams... I might of asked the wrong question thou.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Manc you asked the correct question JVRLOPEZ just got confused.

Looking on the "rules"
    • You are not allowed to use exam-specific materials and are not permitted to use scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, or any other writing object during the exam. You are also not permitted to use any writing instruments, such as a pen, marker, or pencil, during exam delivery.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

knownhero wrote: »
    Manc you asked the correct question JVRLOPEZ just got confused.

Looking on the "rules"
    • You are not allowed to use exam-specific materials and are not permitted to use scratch paper, erasable whiteboards, or any other writing object during the exam. You are also not permitted to use any writing instruments, such as a pen, marker, or pencil, during exam delivery.

Thank you for your reply.

Thats quite disappointing and worrying to know I can not do working out with a pen and paper icon_sad.gif its the only way I can work out IP subnetting currently! How about using Windows Notepad? They can monitor that so should be allowed...
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    You're best bet is to call and ask. I think their reasoning behind it would be that you cant just copy questions and sell them. But then again there are plenty of options to record your screen that they wouldn't notice.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

knownhero wrote: »
    You're best bet is to call and ask. I think their reasoning behind it would be that you cant just copy questions and sell them. But then again there are plenty of options to record your screen that they wouldn't notice.

Again many thanks for your reply knownhero.

Yes that makes sense, but I have sat two proctored exams already and I been allowed to make written notes onto a blank sheet of paper without an issue icon_rolleyes.gif. I will call Pearson Vue and try and get an answer regarding writing notes but I think I might be flogging a dead horse icon_cry.gif. Time to work out IP subnetting in my head icon_scratch.gif