70-411 heeeelp!

Mikey82Mikey82 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have taken this exam twice now with a 495. At least I'm consistent. I have been using measureup. Transcender. Microsoft book. And cbt nuggets. I am at a loss. Some of the questions we not covered by any of these. I can't nail nap at all. A bit of direct access also. What to do?

Comments

• MrPieMan82MrPieMan82 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure you remember what really confused you. CBT Nuggets can leave some stuff out. I'd look at the exam objectives and see if I could try out PluralSight, if reading really isn't your thing. They're more thorough than CBT.
  • cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    were you using the green exam ref book?
  • Mikey82Mikey82 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes i was using the green exam ref book.

Its hard to remember the questions in the test. But there were a few that did not exist in any of the training.

I have not failed an exam yet but this one is getting to me icon_sad.gif. The annoying thing is i have to take a break from studying due to life getting in the way for a month.

What ways do people study? maybe I need to have a different work process.

Thanks for the suggestion with pluralsight
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I have failed it twice as well. Some crazy stuff was asked in the exams I took. After the second test I went out and wrote down all the things I could remember that I had issues with. Also maybe try this book: http://www.amazon.com/Administering-Windows-Microsoft-Official-Academic/dp/1118882830/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1434384418&sr=8-3&keywords=70-411&pebp=1434384422120&perid=683C7529EEB54BB6916C

Buy from one of the sellers that is selling it in the $70-$80 range. That's what I did and the books I got its the same as the more expensive one. Also the exam ref is considered garbage for these exams if that is what you have. Look at the training guide instead. I would probably not worry about cbt or plural sight. This is free: Free Microsoft MCSA Online Training Class from Cybrary but I would focus more of your time on the 2 books I suggested and TechNet.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have a look at the exam prep presentation by Teched they have all the information and advice on how you should get prepared to take the exam.

Exam Prep: 70-411 and 70-417 - MCSA: Windows Server 2012 | TechEd North America 2014 | Channel 9

hope you find this helpful and all the best of luck on your next retry!!!icon_thumright.gif
  • TestTitanTestTitan Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah this exam is a bugger. CBT just gets you familiar with the technology. Up to you to actually use it and experiment with it. You really need to know your Power Shell commands and syntax. Somewhat frustrating, because in most situations you would google and research the answer. But to know how to create an NPS policy for specific user classes and DHCP polices...blah blah blah....is too specific to memorize.
  • 1980sTARDIS1980sTARDIS Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is my first time posting to this forum, but I really felt compelled to vent about my similar experiences. I have read the 70-411 R2 Exam Ref and Administering Windows books, read every Technet article referenced, performed all the specified labs, watched all the CBT Nuggets, and I am now on my 4th attempt.

This is getting beyond ridiculous, and I personally feel like this is just becoming a money pit.
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently studying for the 70-411 and haven't taken the chance to sit for it yet (hoping to do so in the next couple of weeks).

I can say that everything I have heard about the Exam Reference books has been negative. Try picking up Mastering Windows Server 2012 R2 or the MCSA Complete Study Guide for Server 2012 R2. Both have better reviews than the Microsoft stuff.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • Mikey82Mikey82 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed with 890 :D

A combination of knowing some of the questions already and technetting. YEY. Onto the 70-412 which im scared off lol
  • vince99vince99 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mikey, where you got those new questions from?