tomorrow's the day! [updated] I passed!

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
I'm writing my 5th exam in 12 months. CompTIA's Network+ exam, here I come!

I've read Mike Meyers' Passport Certification for Network+, did the LearnKey practice exam several times, scoring 85+, read both the 2001 technotes and the new 2005 technotes here. Did all the practice question on this site, scoring 80+.

I think I'm ready. I have a 25% off voucher from my IT pro membership, so if I fail, it wouldnt hurt as badly. I'll let you guys know about how it goes tomorrow!
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Good luck! I'm taking mine sometime in the next 3 weeks, let us know how it went!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Luck to ya!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Oh my goodness, I'm so excited right now....I almost couldnt believe I passed. After 10 questions I was thinking to myself...I'm dead meat. I used almost 60 minutes, had 85 questions. Scored 684.

I had to take a deep breath and rested for a couple of minutes half way because I was just freaking out, I wasnt very sure about a few of the answers.

It's not the best score, I was aiming for 700 range.
    The last 15 questions I am almost sure I failed. But for some reason I didnt have that many incorrect objectives. I guess I was probably too nervous during the exam.

I used;
    Mike Meyers' Passport Certification: Network+
    Techexams.net 2001 Technotes
    Techexams.net 2005 technotes.
    Mcgraw Hill Behrouz Forouzan's Data Communications & Networking 3rd Ed.

A GREAT BIG thanks to all the people that have responded to my threads and as been a big support for my with getting this certification. Thank you very much!

Taking a break before school starts, and I'm going to continue MCSA track, 291 will be first one up.
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congratulations!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cool.gif
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congrats.......mike myers really is a genius one....
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats mate.

good luck with the mcsa! i'm going down that track too!

why did you choose 291?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    nel wrote:
    congrats mate.

good luck with the mcsa! i'm going down that track too!

why did you choose 291?

it's just a perception, probably no 'real' explaination for it; I see that 291 is slightly more comprehensive than 290, but 270 + 290 will be more work, however my fall term (sept-dec) will be heavier, so I choose to do 291 between now and christmas, and 270, 290 between jan-apr.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your studies! What classes are you taking fall term?
    gojericho0 wrote:
    Good luck with your studies! What classes are you taking fall term?

I've already completed my 4 year courses in my 3rd of studies. So next year I have it a little bit easy.

Numerical Analysis
    Web Components
    GUI & Human Interfacing
    Accounting
    History (Liberal Arts)
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've already completed my 4 year courses in my 3rd of studies

That's the way to do it. I did the same thing and really was able to enjoy my senior year and have time for internships\interviewing. Good luck to you and enjoy it!
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wanted to say great job. I too will be taking my test here soon.
    Some things like ports and sockets and wireless standards I have memorized while troubleshooting,network implememtion I still need to work on..

Good luck...
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
    gojericho0 wrote:
    I've already completed my 4 year courses in my 3rd of studies

That's the way to do it. I did the same thing and really was able to enjoy my senior year and have time for internships\interviewing. Good luck to you and enjoy it!

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have a better school year coming up. Last year I took;
    Autonomous Robotics
    Data Communications
    Wireless Systems
    Distributed Systems

Statistics
    Intel Assembly
    Operating Systems
    Database Systems

oh boy......so I'm sure this year will be a whole lot better. Also because it'll be my last year.
    mgmguy1 wrote:
    I wanted to say great job. I too will be taking my test here soon.
    Some things like ports and sockets and wireless standards I have memorized while troubleshooting,network implememtion I still need to work on..

Good luck...

Thanks for the congrats, once again a big thank you to all of you and especially webmaster Johan for his technotes. I read both the 2001 and the new updated version which helped me alot.

Since wireless is new in the 2005 objective, you can almost bet that it'll be on there and you better know it like it's second nature. Since you mentioned ports and sockets, make sure you know the relationship and difference. A port is an application layer header, where as a Socket is an application data segment including the port number and an ip address.

Good luck to you on your network+,

Cheers~
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks