CISM 2015 June

sunnysachdeva11sunnysachdeva11 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is any preparing for CISM 2015 June

Kindly revert if u have any study material.

Comments

• deanbuxtondeanbuxton Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The choices for CISM are bleak... I looked all over for something other than the ISACA (overpriced) material but there was none to be found. There are some OLD books published that are way out of date and not applicable to the 2014 format.. you would not want to trust only those.

I broke down after looking and 'paid the man' for the ISACA official books... the 6-point tiny font is horrible. They have saved some paper by making a tiny font. The manuals are Sooooooo boring...

Oddly the ISACA CISM Study guide.. is not really like a study guide (IMO) in that it does not TEACH. It has lots of charts, tables, lists... but it does not teach the material like a textbook would.

This is very sad from my perspective. They are assuming that you have industry knowledge and already know all this stuff and that the guide is just that... a guide. It is supposed to refresh your memory to what you already know...

LAME... if you are new to the security field...

Other options...

There are plenty of book camps out there that would love to have your money. I am taking the InfoSec Institute video training on the CISM... it is not fantastic but better than the Isaca Study (which I am still reading).
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Lame? This test is not intended for newbies. It requires 5 years Infosec experience. Of course they assume you know a lot of stuff!
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Lame? This test is not intended for newbies. It requires 5 years Infosec experience. Of course they assume you know a lot of stuff!
    That's right. Having said that CISM manual is not very easy to digest and readable.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I must agree the book it very dry... i had it for months and cant make it past the first 10 pages. I'm sticking to the database questions at the moment. I wish there was a shon harris version for CISM.
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most the cism manual reader complains about too many tables. CISM Manual is more interested in showing to the reader that it covered all knowledge areas and task statements BUT do not put emphasis on actual content. You will see all kinds of mapping.
  • eSenpaieSenpai Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The CISM book is the dryest book ever and would put me to sleep EVERY time no matter the time of day. It is a dense read but still a valuable resource after the fact. That said, the CISM electronic database should be the standard every cert needs to measure up to as far as varying ways to gauge your progress and parse the questions themselves. It is worth every penny imho.
    Working On:
    2018 - ITIL(SO, SS, SD, ST, CSI), Linux
    2019 - ITIL MALC, AWS Architect, CCSP, LPI-2, TOGAF
  • MC2MC2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone,

I am attempting the CISA exam for the 2nd time in June 2015). I scored 432 on my first attempt.

The database helped with identifying how questions were asked and how to get to best answer and spotting double negatives. Any advice on study methods and how you utilized your time per question in the exam.

Thanks in advance :)
  • KRamyKRamy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Everyone,

I want to appear CISM, for December 2015, I am a newbie for ISACA. Recently have enrolled for membership.

Please suggest me how to start the preparation, where to get the materials for understanding the concepts and

exam preparation.

Your Guidance would be a great help for me..

Thanks in Advance...
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    KRamy wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I want to appear CISM, for December 2015, I am a newbie for ISACA. Recently have enrolled for membership.

Please suggest me how to start the preparation, where to get the materials for understanding the concepts and

exam preparation.

Your Guidance would be a great help for me..

Thanks in Advance...

If you got a membership, then please purchase ISACA CISM review manual 2015...This is the base...tough to read..but again to achieve something we should go through the tough phase..Then if possible purchase ISACA CISM questions DB...Reading review manual will prepare you 60 %..rest all depend on practicing questions...That will help you to understand the question pattern..Never expect any questions from those DB in exam, but it will help you for sure in your exam preparation...Another interesting thing is unlike for CISSP, where we have Shon Harris book and lot other vendor book, here we dont have much options...Thats where the importance of CISM review manual will come..As you are planning for December exam, you have a good time to prepare..I would say 3 month's of good dedication will make you ready for the exam...All the best..
  • KRamyKRamy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

I guess review manual and questions DB is a cost. will get it.

once again thanks :)

Also Please let me know how to proceed with TOGAF certification.
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    KRamy wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

I guess review manual and questions DB is a cost. will get it.

once again thanks :)

Also Please let me know how to proceed with TOGAF certification.

Please check this thread -
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/108689-lets-get-togaf-certified-2015-thread.html

..Compared to CISM, little more tough I would say....Two parts are there..Part 1 is Foundation exam..straight forward questions with 4 choices..I would say not that tough....And part 2 is an open book exam where will get scenarios..Reading the TOGAF manual is mandatory..Also watch lot of videos available in youtube..