Questions about preping for the Network+ exam.

faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
Hi I just started to study for the network+ exam, but I have some questions.

My material are Pearson Sim lab, Pearson Exam cram Practice test, Mike Myers Network+ book, Proffesser Messers you tube videos. Are these good enough to pass?

How many months does it take to study for network+ exam?

How many hour a day should I study a day?

How do I know when I am ready for the exam?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The short answer is yes, that is enough material for someone to pass the Network+ exam.

But the correct answer is that it depends. It depends on your professional experience related to Network+ topics, your ability to understand those study materials, your test taking ability, etc.

Based on what I've read and depending on the above some people pass the exam after studying for 1 week and some take a few months. Again, it depends.

I think you'll know when you're ready when you're scoring well (80%+) on practice exams and feel confident in the topics.

I didn't take the Network+ exam and do not have any professional networking experience and had maybe 2 college courses loosely related to the material but did watch all of professor messer's videos and read parts of mike myers book over the course of 1 month and think if I spent another month quizing/reviewing then I would have been prepared for the exam.

It looks like you have some good materials, so I'd setup a study plan and get to learning--best of luck and keep us updated!
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Looks like you got a good study plan.

Knowing when your ready is a question that plagues everyone no matter when you take a cert exam. Basically you will know in your gut. I know that's not a good answer always but trust your gut, same goes in a exam.

Lastly, schedule your exam and study right up to the date. Having a set date will make you study more and with more conviction.
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    Great advice. Another question how much does it cost to schedule an exam?
  • aisbaeraisbaer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great advice. Another question how much does it cost to schedule an exam?

its $ 277
  • faintingheartfaintingheart Member Posts: 256
    aisbaer wrote: »
    its $ 277

Thank you so much. :)