Cisco Live San Diego

Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
Anyone else going to Cisco Live San Diego? If you are, let's meet up and have a drink.

Diego
Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm going for sure. I'll be there the day before the conference until Thursday evening. I'll PM you my info
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'll be there. I expect I"ll just stick around until my last session each day then explore the area with family, though. UcS all day every day (and my CCDA)
    Not to derail but is there a way I can give my free exam to someone else? I really don't have the bandwidth to tackle another certification
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I don't think so, since everyone who goes gets one (assuming the spots aren't full already). I don't think you can donate it.

I don't know that I'll pass, this was just the only single test cert that I was even remotely interested in, that I had half a chance of passing without really taking away from my ccie re-studying. :)
  • TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    You guys are lucky. My employer won't pay for it, but i haven't exactly ruled out using some of my CCIE Bootcamp saved funds to go. I went to one of the Cisco Local Live editions earlier this year, and it was pretty fun. I could only imagine how much greater in magnitude the yearly event is.
    TBickle - you could always watch the sessions at a later time on Cisco 365 and catch the social pass for like $199. That way you'd get the networking and fun portion of it without the large cost. For hotel, I saved money by getting a 3-bedroom AirBnB and splitting it with coworkers 3-ways. Ended up being under $300 per person for an entire week stay and we all get our own rooms.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ill be there Sunday to Friday. Hope to knock out my final exam for CCNP DC while there.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    For San Diego I would pay out of my own pocket to get to that one. I hope I can afford to make it!
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Got to throw my name in the list, I'll be out there. Flying in on Sunday and should be hanging around till Saturday. (Never been San Diego so hopefully there will be something to do post-conference)

Definitely got to get a TE-meetup scheduled!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    Let me know if you come up with anything good to do, Steveo. We're going to do Joshua Tree for sure, and maybe Mexicali. Flying in Saturday before, then staying a week after (in and out of LAX). 15 months ago we flew into lax and out of SFO, drove PCH/Big Sur Highway. Trying to see some of southern area this time
    Definitely will!

I think I hit up Mexicali last year in San Fran, will definitely need to go again this year.
    (as long as I'm thinking of the right place haha)
    My Networking blog
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    I will be there. Sunday-Friday as well.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    PM me your contact information so we can meet up guys. I will be there Sunday-Tuesday, leaving Wednesday morning.
  • sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    I'll be there Sun-Thursday. Either of you two canadians sign up for the canadian appreciation event?

Writing my CCIE collab written on that Thursday. Starting to get nervous.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    I did sign up for the Canada event, but I'm going to a concert that night. I plan to join up after the show though.
    Yup, I will be at the Canadian Appreciation Event.
  • JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Network_EngineerNetwork_Engineer Member Posts: 142 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

Post some pics and let us know of any interesting Cisco exhibits during Cisco Live. Wish I was going. Maybe next year. Wonder if my wife will care about me going, since it is Las Vegas for 2016. Vegas baby! Might be too much fun...
  • nerdinhidingnerdinhiding Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is some photos taken from today. Great conference, met interesting people, learned new things. First Cisco Live for me and first time in San Diego. Looking forward to Aerosmith concert tomorrow night. Next year Cisco Live will be even better. Held in my own backyard at one of the properties my company owns.

http://1drv.ms/1e2dtD6
    I had a blast at Cisco Live! Great fun... I think I need to detox for the next year to get over the massive amounts of alcohol consumed. It was great meeting Diego, Joelsfood, RouteMyPacket, SteveO, Routergods, etc there. Had a blast with you guys!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Vegas next year!

Start the countdown haha
    My Networking blog
    CLUS was definitely an experience. I learned a ton, and it was nice to meet people. I particularly enjoyed listening to and asking questions of people who'd written white papers, etc, that I use regularly in labs and real life. I was also able to get some good facetime with some of our vendors, which helps any time contracts/licensing comes up for renewal.
    Nice Joels! I was too drunk, don't remember half of it icon_sad.gif