will take the CEH tommorow

D4rk_sp1d3rD4rk_sp1d3r Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Im working in the security field but wants to excel in security operations by taking the CEH cerification. Ive been studying for this since February and I feel I can pass it. I havent failed a certification before and i hope I wont fail this time. I used Matt Walkers book, CBT nuggets, and skillsoft as my primary resource. i used the sample questions i can google online. i dont pay for brain **** because it doesnt teach anything. I used the sample exam in skillsoft and mattt walkers books and some old CEH books i downloaded. Ive been reading post here and i find it really useful. I will be taking the exam tommorow.

Thanks,

Ron

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • walter17walter17 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you; please share your experience with the test when possible. Thanks!
  • D4rk_sp1d3rD4rk_sp1d3r Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I passed the exam yesterday. I was lucky to get the boundary score of 70%. I was expecting of getting a high score because I studied hard and tried all the tools. I find the exam hard because there were questions that I didn't encounter in my studies. I was also expecting to answer the nmap or netcat questions easily but some were quite complicated. Before, I was confident of passing security+ and sscp by reading Darril Gibsons books and other resource but I think reading Matt Walker's isnt enough. Matt said we should play around with the tolls which I did but maybe it requires some experiencein network administration. I setup my virtual lab with 10 pc's and im not expecting a question on scanning 3 subnets. I was able to probably use deduction to answer those questions. Im still waiting for Ec council's email if im certified or if they will ask of another exam.

I apologize for any wrong spelling because I used my phone for this.
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I passed the exam yesterday. I was lucky to get the boundary score of 70%. I was expecting of getting a high score because I studied hard and tried all the tools. I find the exam hard because there were questions that I didn't encounter in my studies. I was also expecting to answer the nmap or netcat questions easily but some were quite complicated. Before, I was confident of passing security+ and sscp by reading Darril Gibsons books and other resource but I think reading Matt Walker's isnt enough. Matt said we should play around with the tolls which I did but maybe it requires some experiencein network administration. I setup my virtual lab with 10 pc's and im not expecting a question on scanning 3 subnets. I was able to probably use deduction to answer those questions. Im still waiting for Ec council's email if im certified or if they will ask of another exam.

I apologize for any wrong spelling because I used my phone for this.

Congrats on passing the exam. Even at 70%, a pass is a pass. What were your weakest areas on the exam?
  • D4rk_sp1d3rD4rk_sp1d3r Registered Users Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I got the email from ec council and I dont need to take any additional exam. The printout did not indicate any score based on the domain. It just presents a bar graphic that tells the passing score and my score.
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dark Spider. :)
  • Arnie335Arnie335 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I got the email from ec council and I dont need to take any additional exam. The printout did not indicate any score based on the domain. It just presents a bar graphic that tells the passing score and my score.

How much studying did you do and for how long? Were you comfortable with your studying going into the exam? Sorry for all the questions, I am looking to take this exam in the next month and want to make sure I can pass in the 80% range. Thanks and congrats again!
  • amriki_txamriki_tx Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats D4rk_sp1d3r! I agree Matt Walker's book was great, but definitely not enough to pass by itself.
  • riyan189riyan189 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also passed ceh yeeterday and about 20 questions were from skillset,So give them a look, and best of luck
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If there were 20 or so questions from Skillsoft isn't that a **** site?
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WHOOOOOO congrats on the pass!!!! icon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios