Passed Network+ N10-006

SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got in from taking the 006. I passed but felt like I was going to fail when I hit submit. Ended up having 5-6 SIMs (all were pretty easy IMO) and 85 questions total. I ended up marking like 22 of the multiple choice questions for review because of how poorly worded or vague some of them were. The test review board should really be embarrassed with some of those questions IMO. Honestly would have just rather had SIM after SIM instead of dealing with that nonsense.

The resources I used were Certmaster, Keith Barker's CBT Nuggets course and Professor Messer's videos and study guide. Barker and Messer's stuff should be all you need to pass this -- and unless your work is paying for it or you want the retake insurance, skip the Certmaster because I didn't find it to be worth the time and woefully incomplete compared to the test questions I received.

All told I think I probably had a week or so of study and over the last week I started reading Darril Gibson's Security+ book and Barkers CCENT Exam Cram books. I have been in IT for quite awhile so I already had a decent tech baseline.

Comments

• CaiyenneCaiyenne Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the exam! I agree with you about the poorly worded and intentionally vague questions. Also some of the pictures were terrible. The tools looked like they were built with grey legos and were very blurry.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • TheComputerPlumberTheComputerPlumber Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Svoboda,

Congrats!!! Were you using studying with N10-005 or N10-006 material? I've been studying using Todd Lammele Network Study Guide N10-005 Second Edition wondering if I'll be able to pass 006 with that or should I just take the 005 exam?
  • wilxenwilxen Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree the wording was pretty horrid in some of the questions, for mine a few having multiple perfectly correct answers given their wording and no clear "best" answer between those. I likewise agree certmaster for this one was severely lacking. If you point that out to comptia you just get the same canned answer every time that the certmaster stuff was reviewed and compared to the requirements by experts... funny how much they managed to miss. Going through Messer's now and seems much more worth while in addition to being freely available.
  • swaingantswaingant Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Take the 005 before August 31st.

It's a very easy exam.
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!:D
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Svoboda,

Congrats!!! Were you using studying with N10-005 or N10-006 material? I've been studying using Todd Lammele Network Study Guide N10-005 Second Edition wondering if I'll be able to pass 006 with that or should I just take the 005 exam?

What exam are you planning on taking, the 005 or the 006? The objectives for the 006 exam are going to be different and new material is going to be added to it that the 005 exam doesn't have. So your study material should reflect the actual exam you are going to take.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! So the 005 is available until August 31?
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Svoboda,

All study materials I used were for the N10-006 flavor of the test. If you're using the 005 exam study materials, take that one.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice..and congrat
  • CurchelCurchel Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you have to know Cisco commands on the test?
  • manumohanmanumohan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • harlanfharlanf Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great

where can I get free vce practice exams and exam simulator
  • jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I know when I was new in the field it was one cert I went after. I ended up learning a lot of things back in 2001 when I got it. It used to be a prerequisite in some circles to be able to take the CCNA courses.
  • keneilwemarwane@gmail.comkeneilwemarwane@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Kindly assist, I want to take exam month end march but I do not know which material to use to study or where to get it, any help would be appreciated. Is Network+ N10-006 difficult

Thanks
  • keneilwemarwane@gmail.comkeneilwemarwane@gmail.com Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you found simulators, please help me also
  • LaVash_07LaVash_07 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI Guys

Please can you assist me in finding Nugguts and study material for the Network+N10-006

I am writing in a month and heard that the paper is difficult and really want to do well in the exam and really understand the concepts ,

Regards icon_study.gif
  • Morgi0noCativoMorgi0noCativo Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Persevere more and more.
  • leep80leep80 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nice! congrats
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops