Options

What jobs am I "best qualified for"?

DoselDosel Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have A+, "PC PRO" from testout (my CC uses that to teach us), MTA in networking and security (is MTA useless?). I applied at many helpdesk technician jobs on indeed and CL that did not list a degree was required and I linked them my linkedin profile (Is that bad)?

I can't seem to find any work, low or high. I am thinking desperately to apply for geeksquad but the best buy job search says it does not have an open position available. Should I just walk in instead? I need a job to pay atleast 11 an hour for rent to move out. I worked hard my senior year of my vocational IT school to get certs for a job I can't get.

Comments

• Options
    xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    Physically networking is always better, IMO. You need to open up that "link", and it will open better opportunities. You need to remember there is always someone more qualified than you, but the key is selling yourself.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dosel wrote: »
    I have A+, "PC PRO" from testout (my CC uses that to teach us), MTA in networking and security (is MTA useless?). I applied at many helpdesk technician jobs on indeed and CL that did not list a degree was required and I linked them my linkedin profile (Is that bad)?

I can't seem to find any work, low or high. I am thinking desperately to apply for geeksquad but the best buy job search says it does not have an open position available. Should I just walk in instead? I need a job to pay atleast 11 an hour for rent to move out. I worked hard my senior year of my vocational IT school to get certs for a job I can't get.

You need to post of the job board section of this forum. Post your resume too so that people can help you. Sometimes it is not the skills that hold you back, but the lack of a good organized resume.

An advice for you, stay home until you have some money saved, do not try to move out right away just because you have a job. Talk to your parents and they will probably understand.