Taking N10-006 soon! but..

detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
Soo I'm taking my net+ sometime after July 4th, and was wondering WHEN I pass that does it update my A+? Because I passed my net pro and found out those don't update the previous.

I've used test out net+ course, Wiley intro to networking, class lectures, and now the newly purchased Keith barkers deluxe edition comptia network+ cert guide book with Sims n tests to bridge the gap from 005 to 006 objectives.. Phenomenal resource

Comments

• Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @detroitwillfall

When you do pass the Network+ (N10-006) exam, it will update the expiration date on your A+ certification (as long as your A+ certification is still valid or before it expires). For example, if your A+ certification is set to expire on July of 2013 and you pass the Network+ exam this coming July 2015, than your A+ certification will have a new expiration date of July 2018. Which is the same date your Network+ will expire. My A+ certification is set to expire on March of 2018. When I do pass the Network+ exam (which is scheduled for July 24, 2015), than my A+ certification will have a new expiration date of July 24, 2018 instead of March 2018. I hope this helps in terms of answering your question. When does your A+ certification expire?
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Armitron77 wrote: »
    @detroitwillfall

When you do pass the Network+ (N10-006) exam, it will update the expiration date on your A+ certification (as long as your A+ certification is still valid or before it expires). For example, if your A+ certification is set to expire on July of 2013 and you pass the Network+ exam this coming July 2015, than your A+ certification will have a new expiration date of July 2018. Which is the same date your Network+ will expire. My A+ certification is set to expire on March of 2018. When I do pass the Network+ exam (which is scheduled for July 24, 2015), than my A+ certification will have a new expiration date of July 24, 2018 instead of March 2018. I hope this helps in terms of answering your question. When does your A+ certification expire?

just checked compTIA it says my A+ expires: 2017-Nov-03
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @detroitwillfall

Good. That means that when you pass the Network+ (N10-006) exam, your A+ certification will be updated and expire 2018 instead of 2017. Which means you updated your A+ certification about a year. Good luck on your studies. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • detroitwillfalldetroitwillfall Member Posts: 85 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Armitron77 wrote: »
    @detroitwillfall
    Good. That means that when you pass the Network+ (N10-006) exam, your A+ certification will be updated and expire 2018 instead of 2017. Which means you updated your A+ certification about a year. Good luck on your studies. icon_thumright.gif
    Thank you! I see your doing net+ AND sec+?! Wow, how big the jump for sec? That's my next area