Finally Passed the A+ Exam!

TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I have been a member of this website for a while now and I wanted to share my experience taking the A+ certification. I originally used the Mike Meyers passport book to study but I also used a website called cybrary.it that has a bunch of free online videos to watch. I joined a IT training program called Perscholas which is a 8 week hands on training program that gives students vouchers for the exam.

I took my 801 exam on Monday and I failed it with a score of 623. I rescheduled my 802 exam from Tuesday and moved it to Wednesday so that I could also reschedule my 801 for the same day. I was nervous the first time around but after I failed the test the first time, I knew that I had to really study so that I can pass and become certified. I used a professor messer study guide to learn get a jist of what I needed to work on. Printers gave me the most problems. Also, memorizing the ram speeds was a task but I was able to pass both tests with a 728 and a 756. I plan on studying for the Net+ next and then I may get the Sec+ to finish the Comptia trio.
"Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"

Comments

• dkr786dkr786 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    im currently going through the exam cram book and making notes while also watching the professor messer videos. im concerned about memorizing some obtuse speeds/pins etc throwing me off. any advice as to how much of that was on the actual exam? any particular topics you feel should be studied especially hard?

thanks
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    Honestly, pass every exam on ExamCompass.com, and you'll do fine.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dkr786 wrote: »
    im currently going through the exam cram book and making notes while also watching the professor messer videos. im concerned about memorizing some obtuse speeds/pins etc throwing me off. any advice as to how much of that was on the actual exam? any particular topics you feel should be studied especially hard?

thanks
    I had about 3-4 questions on RAM alone some of them just were like if I had 240 pin RAM what kind of RAM is it? I would study the different display types, wirenetworking speeds, printer components, ipconfig commands, different windows versions, and the necessary hardware for different PC setups (Gaming, Thin Client, CAM/CAD workstation, ect.) and RAM pins/speed.
    As lucas stated examcompass has a number of practice exams that you can use to assist you in how the exam questions are asked. This website also has some great tech notes that I utilized as well.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Thank you Davisicon_cheers.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63