Que: exam cram

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
What's the difference between Exam Cram (Measure Up), and Exam Cram 2 (Prep Logic).

They're both from QUE, same price, more of less the same stuff inside. But Exam Cram 2 ALWAYS has a CD, but Exam Cram sometimes doesnt. What's the deal with that?
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Exam Cram was the first series of books and I thought they went bancrupt/out of business etc... Exam Cram2 was the rebirth of the series and it was supposed to have fixed all the 'bugs' and such.

I only bought one or two books back in the early day and thought they were horrible as well as riddled with errors so I've not given the ExamCram2 series much consideration.

So, if you are finding ExamCram, I'd check the dates on the publications as I'll bet they will be prior to 2002/3
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    That's the awkward thing. I'm seeing Exam Cram AND Exam Cram for recent exams like 70-291, 640-801.

And for 640-801, Exam Cram is even newer than Exam Cram 2.
    0-7897-3519-9, CCNA published 2006.
    The Exam Cram 2 version was published in 2005.

weird....
    I'll look around if I have some time. I was turned off by the series years back and just don't consider it a source today.

Even if others feel it is useful.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From looking at Amazon it looks like Exam Cram 2 were the first Que editions and the new Exam Cram are the second editions. I guess that naming scheme made sense to somebody. icon_eek.gif

ex:

MCSA/MCSE Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 70-291) (Paperback)
    by Diana Huggins, Ed Tittel - released 8/2003

MCSA/MCSE 70-291 Exam Cram: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure (2nd Edition) (Exam Cram S.) by Diana Huggins (Paperback - Jun 8, 2006)
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    heh......now this is just WEIRD, but let's look at another example.

1588802329, Exam Cram CCNA published 2002
    0789735024, Exam Cram 2 CCNA published 2004
    0789735199, Exam Cram CCNA published 2006

I'm thinking it could be a regional thing. But then again, it could also be QUE and their bad numbering.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□

The one was published Coriolis, who was the original publisher of the series. After they went under, Que most have bought the rights to the name or something.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
    ajs1976 wrote:

The one was published Coriolis, who was the original publisher of the series. After they went under, Que most have bought the rights to the name or something.

That's what I'm thinking.

Coriolis, then Que 'renamed' the series, and now either enough time has passed or they bought the rights or whatever and they are now going back to the original series name.
    Plantwiz
    _____