Options

Which book is better?

kirashinobikirashinobi Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, I have Exam Cram by David Prowse but people here seem to have Meyers book instead? Is that one better?
Moreover, I have used Labsim, will that be enough or should I read Meyers too? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    shrinskshrinsk Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From my experience Meyers is a good source, I felt there were some holes where in my opinion certain topics just weren't explained well. Prof Messer filled in those gaps for me. I'm unfamiliar with Prowse.
  • Options
    G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Im currently reading the Meyers book, not too far into it, its got alot of fluff in but think its worth reading page-to-page if your a novice. Im not a big fan of messer, his voice is hard to listen to for long periods. I currently pay for videos from "how to network" (IT Training video provider similar to cbt nuggets) only costs $20 a month, really good so far, check them out they do a trial which costs $1 for one weeks access.
  • Options
    NilesjonesNilesjones Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The book that I'm currently using to get the information inside my head is the "CompTIA A+ Guide to Hardware: Managing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting" Jean Andrews. It's like a CompTIA A+ for dummies book.
  • Options
    xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    The better question is "How much experience do you have in the field?" ExamCram is usually plenty for anyone that uses a PC on a regular basis. I used ExamCram and Professor Messer. Granted, I haven't taken 802 yet, but 801 wasn't an issue.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't touched Meyer's book. I have the 220-601 and 220-602 from forever ago. Although I'm confident I could go and pass the 801/802 today I am using Prowse book for an overview ( a lot of the nitty gritty details that you don't use on a day to day basis ).

So I can't compare the two; but will say I like the exam cram style.
  • Options
    kirashinobikirashinobi Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the reply! :)