Options

Got an offer for Junior helpdesk position..but

2»

Comments

• Options
    cowillcowill Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTE

real ballsy to think you maybe SR level yet you havent had your first IT job....I would go with the jr position and run with it.....especially at 20/hr
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Another +1 to taking the junior position. You've no leverage because you've no experience.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yup take the Jr and if you happen to get the desktop position just rescind. The background check alone could take a few days to a few weeks.
  • Options
    IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah usually if they feel you are a fit for a higher tier they will usually bring interview you for that tier. I know it happen to me. I apply for a lower tier support but they wanted to bring me in as a higher tier.
  • Options
    Skynet9Skynet9 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So an update guys:

First of all, Thanks a lot for all your advices.

I don't think I have gotten that 50K job as its been a week and there is no response from them. In the meantime, i went with the other job offer. I filled out all the paper work and the guy has emailed me fingerprint cards which i am supposed to take to the local cop shop to get it done.
    anybody know how long after fingerprinting this whole process takes? Its for secret clearance. Any way I can start working or Do I have to wait till the entire process is done?

(also just off-topic, but i took MCP server 2012 twice and failed with 681 so very devastated by that. :/ going to just skip it for now and rather go take security+ in about 2 months). MS certs are not for me, Cisco and comptia are much more interesting.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It really depends on the company. Some companies will wait until the entire clearance process is complete before starting you. Others, if they have the ability, will start you in a limited fashion until your clearance arrives. They should be able to tell you after you have sent in the cards. If it is a government clearance, know that it takes its own time. Meaning, I've had clearances come back in weeks and I've seen some take years. For a secret clearance, a top secret can take even longer.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    You can start working while your clearance is going through. That has been my experience.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    techMLtechML Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dude, don't be silly! Accept the first job over and still go on that interview. If you get the second job, decline the first one. It's not illegal or anything to do that. Regardless of what you sign, it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Skynet9Skynet9 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @=stryder144

I guess i should email hr once fingerprinting is done and ask them about working. Gosh...Can't wait to start.