Options

Studying for 800 series.

bherbiebherbie Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for the 800 series and have been watching Professor Messer's videos. What else do you recommend I read, watch, or study to get ready for the A+ certs? The videos have been good in closing some loops I had open in material, but some material has been new to me. Just gone through the 801 videos so far. Any ideas would be welcome!
2014 Finished Associate in Science in Database Application Development
2015 Goal
A+, Network+, and Security+

Comments

• Options
    bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Mike Meyers and Exam Cram. :)

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Take a copy of the objectives from CompTIA and go through each bullet point, decide what you know and what you need more time to study and start creating a list of topics from there. Additionally, I too recommend the MeYers text if one need additional study time or the exam cram or passport for a lighter review.

How much experience do you have working with the material you will be testing on? The more hands on you have the more confident you will be with the material. If you are short on experience, start getting some even if it is only working on old stuff you can beg/borrow from friends or family.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?