About LPI Essentials Certification

vicdevelopervicdeveloper Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good nights to everyone,

I want to take this entry level exam in a near future, maybe af final of this month, and I was studying this book "Linux Essentials" by Roderick W. Smith, this book is very useful for beginners to want become to linux, in an other hand, Im an intermediate linux user, so, I know do common tasks in different linux flavours such as Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, CentOS, etc, so, I know how to create users, restarting services and I know the basics of command line common tasks either. Someone recommends the book that Im studying?

I was wondering if anyone of yours had already passed the Lpi essentials exam. I want to know it that book covers the topics of this exam.

PD: Sorry for maybe repost an existing topic.

Greetings!

Comments

• ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    This is a entry level exam. Read the book, watch the Nuggets & most importantly, do the commands on a real environment. You'll probably pass. One thing, I don't think this is considered an actual certification. LPI exams are great in that there aren't trick questions like you see in something like a Microsoft exam.

This is a good foundation if you want to move on to the LPIC-1 certification or it's a great certification if you just want to get the basics of Linux down & be tested on them.
  • vicdevelopervicdeveloper Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your answer dude. I hope to pass it exam. Anyone gives me an opinion of taking this exam?
  • junilinuxjunilinux Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just try your best, after this cert, I think you can be confident to go ahead for LPIC-1
    LPI has been updated to this year.

http://s3.postimg.org/u1y9wm2eb/Linux_Essentials_New_Codes.png
    http://s13.postimg.org/qi00sri7b/Lpi_Added_New_Exam.png

Sorry, but, I have problems adding this images in the tools buttons.

PD: Its possible pass this new exam version studying the book that already I studying for?.

Anyone has studying to take this exam like me or maybe already taken and passed?
    I was searching about any practice test or exam simulator for this exam, because I want to practice before take this exam and I didn't find anything about it.

Anyone has or know any website or program, like VCE or any other that can share or give me those links for try it?.

Thanks!
    junilinux wrote: »
    Just try your best, after this cert, I think you can be confident to go ahead for LPIC-1

Yeah man, I will.
  • Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was gunning for the Linux+ but falling behind since work wants me to take up more studying in Cisco stuff, so will be going for just the LPI Essentials.

I think its a good cert to have. I've known places that want basic Linux (filesystem navigation and configuring files, moving logs etc) so its one thing to say on your CV "I know a little linux to get by but not alot" or just have a nice sweet LPI Linux Essentials cert :D
  • krfan1krfan1 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kai123 wrote: »
    I was gunning for the Linux+ but falling behind since work wants me to take up more studying in Cisco stuff, so will be going for just the LPI Essentials.

I think its a good cert to have. I've known places that want basic Linux (filesystem navigation and configuring files, moving logs etc) so its one thing to say on your CV "I know a little linux to get by but not alot" or just have a nice sweet LPI Linux Essentials cert :D

Kai123, I'm in a similar boat. I want to get my Linux+, but I started studying for my CCNA. I think the CCNA will help me sooner than Linux+. Planning on getting Linux+ after my CCNA.
    Hello,

Is recommended use test simulators for practice before taking the exam?.

What are The best sites to buy a good simulator To práctice?.

Chers,
    Today I passed my exam with 670 points of 800.

:).
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□