70-291 Passed

hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
Passes 291 this morning, I wasn't ready for it but went for it anyways. I probably needed a few more weeks, but a pass is a pass; scored 785. Used the Syngress and Sybex books and a PrepLogic practice exam.

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Nice job icon_thumright.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    icon_mrgreen.gif good job dude
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    Any suggestions out there as to which exam to take next? Trying to decide between 293 and 294. I'm going to take both, but if one seems a bit easier I may try to knock that one out first. icon_wink.gif
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    If you have real-world experience with AD, 294 is easier. I was able to knock that one out in a little over a week with a score around 830 I think.

I scored much better in 293, but I took longer to study, a bit over 3 weeks, and I didn't think I was even ready for it. But since I had the 2nd chance promo to fall back on, I figured what the heck.
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I agree with Danman32, 294 is easier but it is on totally different material (AD). Where 293 follows on from 291. I would do 293 while its still fresh in your mind

Good Luck
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done.

I'll want to believe this exam is not as difficult as some people say it is.

Since you won't ready for the 291 exams, it will be preferrable to hit the 294 and then concentrate or prepare well for the 293 exam.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • fredefrede Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass - the beast falls again.

Ricardo, don't believe it - this exam is extremely challenging indeed.
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks Frede. :D

Actually I've been preparing for this exam for close to four months now.
    It's call the "Beast" and what have you!!!!!. icon_twisted.gif

With that I mind, I'm very determine and bend on crushing it on my First shot next month, come rain come sun.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations