Just passed N+ this morning! - Some Feedback

creativeLiquidcreativeLiquid Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed Network+ this morning!
Yeah!!

Super happy I passed, and at the same time, I would have liked to know the answer to the questions I got wrong.
I know nobody is perfect, yet... I would like to be able to do this test 10 times, and pass it 10 times.

For other's reference, I used only the CBT Nuggets videos.

Some feedback on the test, for others that have not done it:
(note: I rather be vague, instead of violating the NDA of the test)

Be calm. If you studied, and you know your stuff, then it's all good.
Get comfortable in your chair/desk/cubicle. After I while, I repositioned the keyboard and mouse to how *I* found them comfortable.
Don't doubt yourself. Be confident in your decisions, and move forward.
Try and leave the world outside. I was thinking about my motorcycle the entire test - because I didn't park it in the safest place. Don't do stuff like this.
Eat/drink! I ate a normal breakfast before hand... you don't want to be having your stomach growling.

Other than that, I think it's easy peasy (taking the test, not the material).

I look forward to future Certifications.

My negative feedback:
I did not like the fact that either CompTIA, or whomever did the test, forced me to answer "market research" questions AFTER the test.
Once I finished the test fully, and submitted, I had to answer 100% irrelevant questions to Network+.
For example: my sex, age group, what other certs do I have, what future certs do I want, why did I take the certs, did I, or my employer pay for the cert, what is my current employment situation, what eduction level I acquired, etc.

That part should be optional... I know this market information helps CompTIA further their tests, certs, and future programs... yet I should not be forced to do it.
That sucked on their part.

Now that all that is said and done:
What should I do next?
I am thinking about the linux certifications... because I love linux and the BSDs.
Yet maybe the Security+ is better?

Open to suggestions!
icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• ryanw4130ryanw4130 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If I were you, I would go for CCENT. I am just starting to study for it. From what i hear, something like 30% of the CCENT is stuff you already learned from the Network +. If you get the CCENT, then you are basically halfway through getting a CCNA.

Check this out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFR8YhLAejo
  • DrethylDrethyl Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!! I just completed my CCNA and I will be pursuing Network + hopefully by the end of the month.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Network+ Certification! icon_thumright.gif

I agree with ryanw4130, go for your CCENT, the get your CCNA. You just took and passed Network+, so networking is fresh on your brain, great time to segway into the CCENT/CCNA. Also, you can take the 2 exams for your CCNA for cheaper than the Security+.

Note: If you are unfamiliar with Cisco, Exam ICND1 will get your CCENT. ICND2 will get your your CCNA. You must take ICND1 before taking ICND2. Each exam is $150.00 and there are lots of good study books and vids out there.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    as others have stated, go the Cisco route and get CCENT and CCNA, they'll help more then a security+, and you can always get the Security+ later, and it will renew any other lower level comptia CE certs you have like your network+ for 3 years.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Currently studying for the Network+. I'm reading the All-in-One book for the Network+ by Mike Myers and I purchased the Total Tester practice questions which includes 800 questions. I'm looking to see if I should get a practice lab as well to go along with my studies. Any recommendation or do you think it's not needed for this particular exam given your current experience in passing the exam?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • creativeLiquidcreativeLiquid Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the help everyone!
    I am going the CCENT route, then on to CCNA.
    I will update!
    Great community you guys have here!! :)
    Spiegel wrote: »
    Any recommendation or do you think it's not needed for this particular exam given your current experience in passing the exam?
    In my 0.02, I would go take the test with what you have.
    Don't get more study, more information, more training.
    Enough.

Go take it man, really.
    What's the worse?
    Not to pass?
    So?? You take it again!

Everybody is very different, yet I am a little bit gun-ho.
    If you studied, go take it.
    Forget about the other stuff... just go!
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing your Network+ Certification!
  • kineticfskineticfs Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass!!
    I have mine scheduled on this upcoming Tuesday as well!
    Goals for 2018: AWS Developer Associate COLOR=#008000]Completed[/COLOR / Solutions Architect COLOR=#ff8c00]In Progress[/COLOR
  • myislandmyisland Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A+ test had a survey after passing so I filled in bullshit. Yes, CompTia are dickheads for not letting us see our graded tests and for expiring our certs after 3 years.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63