Just PASSED Security+!!!!

JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
Hello all, I just passed Security+! Wow that was a hard exam for sure and without going into too much detail, I really didn't see too much on it from what all I had studied had to do a lot of hard thinking on each question. I did manage to pull out of it with an 827 out of 900 with almost 20 minutes left to go which was much better than I was expecting for sure! Very happy and excited to have this one done and out of the way and now I have the big Trifecta!! One thing I will suggest for sure if you are taking this exam is to read each and every question several times before answering, the questions can be quite confusing.

For study I used:

Darril Gibson' book-read it twice and answered all the questions and used his premium online content. Thanks Darril!!

Authorized Cert Guide by David Prowse- Also awesome book!

Study guide by Glen Clarke.. another awesome book!

watched all professor messer videos and did all practice questions on all books and certmaster.

Thank you to this site for the support!

Going to take the day off now and relax before starting on CCENT next week! I have my router and switch lab coming on Monday... excited.
Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Thanks scaredoftests! Feels good now I won't be spending another 9-10 hours today studying like I have been for the last over a month each day. I guess hard work does pay off in the long run.
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! ............
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats ........studying for my sec+ exam as well.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    Thank you everyone! @greg9891, good luck to you on your studies! You will get this test as it wasn't too bad but I guess the questions on the real thing were a little more difficult than I was expecting. Just glad to have that one out of the way. Been starting on CCENT this week but really trying to plan out my study strategy at the moment more than anything.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dblink07dblink07 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Man!!! Job well done!
  • flyerxlflyerxl Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job!! Welcome to the club!!
    Thanks again everyone!
  • ostrichostrich Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm studying Security+. Thank you for all the tips.
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jamesweb wrote: »
    Hello all, I just passed Security+! Wow that was a hard exam for sure and without going into too much detail, I really didn't see too much on it from what all I had studied had to do a lot of hard thinking on each question. I did manage to pull out of it with an 827 out of 900 with almost 20 minutes left to go which was much better than I was expecting for sure! Very happy and excited to have this one done and out of the way and now I have the big Trifecta!! One thing I will suggest for sure if you are taking this exam is to read each and every question several times before answering, the questions can be quite confusing.

For study I used:

Darril Gibson' book-read it twice and answered all the questions and used his premium online content. Thanks Darril!!

Authorized Cert Guide by David Prowse- Also awesome book!

Study guide by Glen Clarke.. another awesome book!

watched all professor messer videos and did all practice questions on all books and certmaster.

Thank you to this site for the support!

Going to take the day off now and relax before starting on CCENT next week! I have my router and switch lab coming on Monday... excited.

Congrats on the pass. Good luck on the CCENT studies. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR