Options

Jncip-sec pass!!!!

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
took the exam this afternoon. I'd say I studied enough but could've focused on some exam topics in more detail. I actually went in to this exam with another voucher available if I failed. So this was my "lets see how I'm coming along" attempt; which was a first. I was planning on taking it 3 weeks later, but I figured why not try now and see how I do. Did well enough, and I am absolutely elated. I was caught off guard because there were some topics that did not appear to be in the objectives. My experience in the field helped me answer most of those questions, while the others I took an educated guess.

I have been studying for this thing for 6 months. Heavy studying for the last 2. Other than some of the items that I wasn't expecting to see, the exam was fair overall. I used the official juniper courseware and the O'Reilly book, along with my experience in the field. I also used my lab and tried to mock up all the scenarios.

I am so glad this is done. I will either try for the JNCIS-ENT, or just take the rest of the year off studying. I have to get some personal projects/goals taken care of now. Talk about a great birthday present icon_cool.gif

WOOT!
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Nicely done!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Murph81Murph81 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Now go right for that JNCIE while this stuff is still fresh in your head
  • Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way too go man!! Definitely deserve a break, but I kinda agree with Murph81 there ;) The level of prep you have been documenting makes me think you'd be pretty close to attempting the lab. Seriously. But anyhoo, enjoy the feeling, it's quite the accomplishment!!
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!!!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone for the kind words!

@aldur and @Murph81, If I had a higher passing score, I'd agree with you :). I'm tempted to just start building my study guide or researching any study guide companies have already made. However, I feel like if I don't take a break and get my personal goals going, I will burn out. Got some big things planned for the family, so I have to shift focus to that.

watch me eat my words and start my JNCIE thread... icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security