Options

Critique my resume?

techMLtechML Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 41 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,I was hoping someone could look over my resume. Let me know if there's things I should change. I attached it to this thread.

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd scrap the last 2 jobs, nothing to do with IT at all. I'd take off the GPA, no one cares, especially after your first job. I'd probably remove the date of graduation too, some may argue me on this one but it just opens up questions on work interfering with school since it looks like you were doing both at the same time. Were the last 2 jobs part time? Did you do school at night?

Also, I'd cut down the job descriptions considerably, I know you want to list every single thing you did but there is no reason for a job you've been at for 3 months now to take 20+ lines to describe. Just overall very wordy. Also, look into your use of the first person, especially in the summary.
  • Options
  • Options
    @=Danielm7

I'm sorry, but I'm so confused. Working and school at the same time could be considered a bad thing? What? lol.
  • Options
    snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For the most part I like it, I also agree that the last two jobs seem to be pointless.
  • Options
    I just realized that I really should proof read more -_-. I put prophets instead of profits, lol. I must of revised that section at 2AM.
  • Options
    Mr. MeeseeksMr. Meeseeks Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My opinion is pretty close to Danielm7. You have at least 2 years in IT, you don't need other non-IT jobs cluttering it up at that point. Just look at job listings... they say stuff like "2 - 5 years of IT experience required".

You should condense the bullets down. Give a summary job description and then follow it up with bullets that hit key skills you learned/use and major responsibilities. You don't need to list every single task you have done. You can discuss that in the interview.

I too would also drop the GPA. You might be proud but others might not see it that way. I do think you should leave the year you graduated but drop the month.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I stopped by to see if I could help but it looks like you removed your resume. icon_confused.gif:
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)