Options

CISCO labs

GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
After speaking with my boss yesterday, I've decided to drop my MCSE ambitions for now, and work non-stop on CISCO as soon as I finish my A+. My ultimate ambition is to go for CCIE. I'm doing a lot of reading on the CCIE track and pretty much every other Cisco cert. The only thing I'm not sure of is, if work will pay for is the lab to practice in. So what all hardware should I have for a CCNA/CCNP practice lab? And where is a good place to purchase cheap cisco equipment to build a lab with? I live in the u.s., so preferably a place local to that so that shipping doesn't kill me.
Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman

Comments

• Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    wow you want the doctorate of networking? You had better get studying then its like the hardest thing eva to pass and costs 1250 dollars a shot. No pre requistes needed but practically all the certs underneath are recommended to ensure a full knowledge and cisco say 2 - 3 years using this knowledge at CCNP CCDP before even trying it so good luck ull need it. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Yeah, that's my ultimate goal. Of course I'm giving myself a timeline of 2 years to cram. That's why I want to setup my own lab. That way I can build a network atleast once or twice a day just for practice, while I study. Of course I've got a long way to go, and several certs to go before then.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman