What certification is best for beginners A+ or Network+?

woubiewoubie Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Currently studying for the MTA Exam 98-349, and i am wanting to start studying for the A+ or Network+

I have the books for all of these, a lot of people said the MTA is super easy, which i am more familiar with Operating Systems and hardware other than networking. I currently attend school at ITT Tech majoring in Network Systems Administration. Ive taking Client Server Networking courses, and Intro to networking. Learned alot but i feel like i need more practice in the networking field.

These are the books i use for the A+ and Network+
http://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Complete-Study-Guide-220-801/dp/1118324056/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434827435&sr=1-1&keywords=a%2B+study+guide

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118137558?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I am a beginner with no certifications so if anyone can recommend some other certifications to take that would be great!

So my question is which exam would be easier for me? A+ or Network+?

Comments

• shortygirlshortygirl Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    woubie wrote: »

So my question is which exam would be easier for me? A+ or Network+?

Hands down, the A+ is better for beginners. The Net+ is entirely more intermediate networking concepts that are only briefly covered in the A+. Unless your passion is in networking, the A+ will be a better bet. Or if you're reallly new, go with the Strata IT Fundamentals.

Good luck!
    IT Consultant / Pursuing: AAS in DB Management & Admin (2015-2017)
    CompTIA A+ 801 [ ] 802 [X], Net+ [ ], Proj+ [ ], AXELOS ITIL V3 [X], PMI CAPM [ ]
    Microsoft - MTA 98-364 [X], MCSA 70-461 [ ] 70-462 [ ] 70-463 [ ], MCSE 70-466 [ ] 70-467 [ ]
    Oracle DBA - OCA IZ0-051 [ ] IZO-052 [ ], OCP IZ0-053 [ ]
    Connect with me on Twitter or LinkedIn
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to agree with shortygirl on this one. A+ is widely recognized and will put you on the radar for the Helpdesk and Computer Tech positions that will position you for the role that you're going for. N+ you can sit for once you've had six months to a year's experience and with your background, you should easily pass! Good luck! Sounds like you're building a solid foundation.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever