WGU Skillport access .... I didn't even know about this

srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I visited a webpage that another forum member posted and came across a link to http://lrps.wgu.edu/provision/1318992

I logged in with my student portal credentials and discovered that, apparently, WGU students have unlimited access to what appears to be all of Skillsoft Skillport. This includes a huge library of instructional videos and practice exams for many IT certifications, include Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, etc.

Click on the link, use your WGU student credentials log in, then click on Catalog, and then expand the "IT Professional Certifications" folder. Look at all of those vendors and certs! icon_cyclops_ani.gif

Can't believe I've been enrolled at this school for 2 years now and I never knew about this.
WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yup and Lynda.com It's a really good CBT for what I use it for.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Yes. I was surprised to see that my employer's corporate Skillport account has LESS stuff than the WGU one.
  • Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow! Thanks that is an awesome resource.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've been out of WGU for awhile, and I still have access... wowzas. Lots of stuff in there.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I love the training and CBTs that are offered through WGU
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice this is just what I need right now. I read the certified cisco icnd1 study guide through bookshelf but I don't think it explained some things very well and the only other no charge option I had until now was CBT nuggets, I don't do videos.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i love Skillport, I have been using it forever.
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • GreaterNinjaGreaterNinja Member Posts: 271
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i love Skillport, I have been using it forever.

They already have Vsphere 6 ICM skillport on there! Nice!!

Lastly, WGU also has 25% off VMware Courses + 70%off VCP vouchers https://wgudreamspark.onthehub.com.
    The VCP voucher in this case does not require a official VMware course to be taken alongside to receive a VMware VCP cert.

"Unlike the commercial offering, this industry-recognized certification does not require completion of a VMware-authorized training course. Attending training or hands-on experience with VMware technologies is, however, highly recommended.

Exam vouchers purchased from the VMware Certification Marketplace are only for the VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 exam (exam codes: VCP510PSE or VCP550PSE). Vouchers can be used at any Pearson VUE test center worldwide."

Cost of Voucher = $Free.99

That's awesome! Was thinking about VCP at some point in the near future until I found out Stanly doesn't take students from this state any longer. I was informed dreamspark lasts 3 years from enrollment.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow this is awesome, I have access through the military though I separate in 3 months and wasn't looking forward to losing access.

Also check out Books24x7 on the lower left panel, they usually have the main IT books available and constantly add the newest versions.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Books24x7 is legit. They usually have up to date books for almost all the facets of the IT field. I haven't found Skillport to be that good of a LMS provider, based off of their certification prep courses and test preps.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Codyy wrote: »
    Also check out Books24x7 on the lower left panel, they usually have the main IT books available and constantly add the newest versions.

Books24x7 has a ton of great stuff, i just hate reading on the computer, and there is an old thread about how certain tablet browsers format it weird. I forget which one worked the best, I'll have to find that thread
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    am i the only one who can't find the vmware voucher?
  • cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ah, turn out my dreamspark account had expired.

-Edit - Got my access turn back on and lo and behold there the voucher was.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How do you access resources such as CBT videos and Measure Up exams?
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for reminding me of this.
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cshkuru wrote: »
    ah, turn out my dreamspark account had expired.

-Edit - Got my access turn back on and lo and behold there the voucher was.

How did you get your access back?
  • audioaudio Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You reverify that you're still a student.