Options

Server+ book query

jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
I had a Server+ book by Gary Govanus 2001 Edition for SKO-001....I Cn't find any other e-book for this exam. What book can you recommend since I browsed the CompTIA Server+ and there is 2005 update already. Pls help...

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Ialready finished my review on this book(2001 by Gary Govanus)....can you recommend a second updated book (2005) for this exam......thanks
  • Options
    hi, Mr. Webmaster, I checked the recommended book for CompTIA Server+ CompTIA Press Edition but this Product is available for Canada & the US only as it stated in the CompTIA store. How can I get hold of this one. I need it badly as per review in the amazon that exam cram 2 - SKO-002 is not complete. My first book by Gary Govanus(Sybex)2001 is a crap. Pls advise me on how to get hold of a good updated material for this exam....thanks....
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    jojopramos wrote:
    hi, Mr. Webmaster, I checked the recommended book for CompTIA Server+ CompTIA Press Edition but this Product is available for Canada & the US only as it stated in the CompTIA store. How can I get hold of this one. I need it badly as per review in the amazon that exam cram 2 - SKO-002 is not complete. My first book by Gary Govanus(Sybex)2001 is a crap. Pls advise me on how to get hold of a good updated material for this exam....thanks....

I ordered it through Thomson under their ILT series. It arrived quite quickly and I live in Australia. But it looks as though it is a laser printed manual bound only in a spiral binder. The quality is not bad, it's just not a "bound booked" you'd find at a bookstore. I don't have the book at the moment, so I cannot give you an item number.
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    This is the book I used.

http://www.course.com/catalog/product.cfm?category=Networking&subcategory=Other&isbn=1-4239-1455-4

Very easy to read and there are some hands-on lab tutorials.

It's been said before, don't rely on just one method of learning.
  • Options
    thanks for the reply...This is there official curriculum...I will order this from the site that you gave me......thanks....
  • Options
    rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    I see they also offer one with a CBT (Computer Based Training) for a little more! I wonder if they are worth the money? There are quite a number of certifications in their ILT line.

Very cool link. Thanks for the post.

Take Care,
    RCoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+