VCE files

kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been looking over the internet for study material on Security+, and have came across what's known as VCE files.

I assume VCE files deal w/ certifications but what exactly are they? Does anyone use VCE files?

There's so many different sites out there that supposedly offer VCE files.

Thanks

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You have security + on your certification list. Taking it again for good measure?
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VCEs are just a file type. Unfortunately, VCEs are normally associated with brain ****. Tread cautiously when selecting VCEs. Some are legitimate, similar to quizlets, some are out-and-out rips of actual tests.

Are you wanting study material for your Security+ because you are getting to the end of your three-year cycle?
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No I meant to put Server+...sorry about that. I recently got my Security+

Are braindumps legal? Are there any recommended study guide for Server+? I know of examcompass, but haven't really seen many books dealing w/ Server+.

Thanks
    Ah, Server+...yes, this one is a doozy. Not a lot of info on it. PluralSight has a video series that I watched. I also purchased books from GTS Learning and Logical Operations. They are helpful. I would say, read the info that you will find here on this forum as it pertains to what areas to study. I didn't find the exam to be too difficult. Think of it as a mix of A+, Network+, and ITIL Foundations.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Have you ever tried Measureup before? Looking at the website it's expensive.

Thanks
    I have used MeasureUp, but not for Server+.

Looking through some books they are very old. I'm old fashioned and like the paperbacks or printable PDF.

Are the 2 sites you mentioned PDF files or otherwise? A lot of stuff is in kindle, which I don't have.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would be cautious of most VCE files. I don't think I have ever seen one that wasn't a ****. A **** is essentially questions taken directly off of the exam.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I came across VCE files as well, and I saw the program used to open and create them.

That being said, I actually downloaded the program but never the VCE files that people post up because they are ****.

I create my own exams with the topics I struggle with as I was reading the chapters and take the exam to make sure I have retained the information.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    I would be cautious of most VCE files. I don't think I have ever seen one that wasn't a ****.

Same here, never seen a VCE file that wasn't a ****.

Alternatively, the OP can use the VCE format to create his/her own study prep exams, but I would be very cautious about downloading exams that other people have uploaded.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Among other things it can have a lot of wrong answers. Or be so close to the test that you memorize the VCE answer and ignore the fact that the question and answers have changed in the actual exam.
  • nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Creating your own questions while reading can be a good way to create a quick study guide for longer certifications that take many months to study for. You usually concentrate on stuff you don't know well. You can also section it up by chapter so you can easily go back to it. You can go deeper and put an explanation for the answer as well.

But to be honest very few have the discipline to do this from beginning to end so in general I'd say stay far away from VCEs and don't blindly take study material, look at reviews and places like here to see what is recommended
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WOW
    So just did a quick search on VCE files and the software needed to view them is super expensive!
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^^^ Yep. They are taking advantage of the test **** crowd by holding the software hostage. I guess they figure if your only means of passing an exam is to ****, and the exam is required for career progression, then by nature you will be willing to pay out the wazoo to get the software. Scumbags all the way around.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
    If we're talking about the same software yes it is expensive. I recently got my Security+, and there was a lot of different study material out there for it, but there doesn't seem to be much study material out there for Server+.

There are some old books out there but that's all I see.